LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

49ers will make playoffs THIS season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Honestly, we don't have any realistic chance at all.

If we had won that stupid game against the Giants, we would be 4-5, and then you would have a point, since we would only be two games behind the number 6 seed with the tie breaker in our favor. But since we are 3-6, it would take a miracle. I don't even think a win up in Seattle is realistic. If we somehow go from getting smacked at home to suddenly winning up there for the first time since 2011, it would make the whole season. But it's not likely at all.

The most we can hope for at this point is to win our easier games and finish with a respectable 6 or 7 wins. Or completely tank and get blown out every game so we can start off fresh, if you're one of those fans (but I personally am the former).
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Possible but unlikely
Originally posted by tezel112:

all chances left with this guy
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

This
9er fans... After a loss - "trade everyone, everyone we suck!" After a win - "Supabowl!". This is a bad team but a win against the Falcons (who lost to the Bucs at home) has deluded some people.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Honestly, we don't have any realistic chance at all.

If we had won that stupid game against the Giants, we would be 4-5, and then you would have a point, since we would only be two games behind the number 6 seed with the tie breaker in our favor. But since we are 3-6, it would take a miracle. I don't even think a win up in Seattle is realistic. If we somehow go from getting smacked at home to suddenly winning up there for the first time since 2011, it would make the whole season. But it's not likely at all.

The most we can hope for at this point is to win our easier games and finish with a respectable 6 or 7 wins. Or completely tank and get blown out every game so we can start off fresh, if you're one of those fans (but I personally am the former).

No. Even if we won that game, we'd still have no chance. This team has no chance. Reminds me of the Shaun Hill, JT O'Sullivan days. Win a game where the other team didn't show up and all of a sudden all of our problems disappear and we're going to run the table!!!
Come on guys. I'm a realist as well, and agree there is no hope of the playoffs, which is good because we would in get mauled in the first round. The op and some others here have hope. Gives them a reason to watch the games, root for our team, and enjoy the rest of the season.

It's a lost season, realists see that, but if these guys want to hang onto playoff dreams, we should let them.

It's a game remember, games are supposed to be fun.
Until we play a division game and don't get our teeth kicked in, I can't think there is any possible way to make the playoffs. Now if we somehow won the next 2 (@sea, vs zona) then I would start to maybe think playoffs are possible. How ever, I expect to be sitting at 3-8 after 11. Honestly, I would be surprised if we found a way to get to 5 or 6 wins. This team just seems like a 4-12 type squad to me.

Niners runnin the table to go to 10-6?? Definitely trollin!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:22 AM ]

Originally posted by defenderDX:
LMAO just like the 2008-2010 years all over again. Holding on for dear life with that playoff hope until mathematically eliminated

Pretty much. We can't help it.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

This. BIG TIME!
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Until mathematically impossible, however unrealistic it may be, I will continue to hold it as a (admittedly delusional) hope.

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by est1985:
I blame Gabbert and the sorry a** Falcons for this delusional post!

Share 49ersWebzone