LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Week 9 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersbeantown:
Like your post Marvin, but their something I got to said.

1. Stop drinking the Kool Aid. Its only one game an people are already crowning Gabbert the savior. just watching the game I give him an B+ first half and D+ second half.

2. how is Mangini a disciple of Belichick. we go down an score to make it 17 to 6 with less than two minutes before the half. An what does he do on the first Atlanta offensive play he decides to cover their number 1 wr who in the slot with a linebacker. then two play later he has are best and only pass rusher covering their rb. so we go into the half 17 to 13.

3. As much people get on Martin. you can tell Devey was the weak link on this line. Glad to see Brown get some Rep.

4. Simpson we waited 6 weeks for this. Patton and Ellington should be getting more playing time then him now

5. Is it me but It seems like when A Armstead is there seem to be alot more push on the line. To bad this coaching staff will not see it and give him some more reps. he could be the Justin Smith to Lynch Aldon Smith.

6. Bowman think by the end of the season he will be back to being #1 inside LB

I'd hardly call what I said about Gabbert drinking the Coolaid.
Originally posted by BKpower:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Marvin, the "D" grade surprised me, and not sure how you got to it.

It was noted the OL looked better, may have played better....but i think that is because Gab played well, and got rid of the ball like a good NFL QB does. We have become so used to the death grip Kap puts on the ball, that watching Gab throw it was like nite vs day. So maybe the OL did play a bit better, but i think Gab's QB play was so much quicker, accurate, with good pre and post snap reads, that his play is what made the OL look better, when they really looked the same as before. Put a functioning QB in and wah lah... the OL doesn't look that bad.

And that was what i have wanted to know these last 7 weeks. Could a decent QB make the OL look like it is playing poorly, but still ok. And that is exactly what happened, telling us what most have thot....that kap is done. Whatever he had he has lost...and a good QB made the entire team look better, and that includes the OL. Yes, ATL does not have a great D, but it still is a pro Defense. GAb looked very good against it. So how did you come to a "D" grade?

It was a smileyface, not a D grade. He used a colon ( :D ) instead of an equals sign ( =D ).

It was noted the OL looked better, may have played better....but i think that is because Gab played well, and got rid of the ball like a good NFL QB does. We have become so used to the death grip Kap puts on the ball, that watching Gab throw it was like nite vs day. So maybe the OL did play a bit better, but i think Gab's QB play was so much quicker, accurate, with good pre and post snap reads, that his play is what made the OL look better, when they really looked the same as before. Put a functioning QB in and wah lah... the OL doesn't look that bad.

And that was what i have wanted to know these last 7 weeks. Could a decent QB make the OL look like it is playing poorly, but still ok. And that is exactly what happened, telling us what most have thot....that kap is done. Whatever he had he has lost...and a good QB made the entire team look better, and that includes the OL. Yes, ATL does not have a great D, but it still is a pro Defense. GAb looked very good against it. So how did you come to a "D" grade?

D Grade?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BKpower:

It was a smileyface, not a D grade. He used a colon ( :D ) instead of an equals sign ( =D ).

LOL.
Thanks, BK, my mistake. Sorry Marvin
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Anyone who thinks Tomsula makes the decision on who starts at QB is fooling themselves.

Ok I'll bite. In your world it presumably is Trent Baalke, Jed York, Denise York or God.

I think it's the players on the team. They've been saying to go with Gabbert. Tomsula goes with the locker room.

I just heard this today. It was definitely the locker room specifically our WR's. They had enough.
[ Edited by 951NINER on Nov 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersbeantown:
Like your post Marvin, but their something I got to said.

1. Stop drinking the Kool Aid. Its only one game an people are already crowning Gabbert the savior. just watching the game I give him an B+ first half and D+ second half.

I didn't get this impression at all!
Sorry marvin49 my first statement was not towards you. just those on hear that seems to crown Gabbert the savior. You seem one of the few that is real with your post. An not a homer.
Draughn looked like a genuine WCO RB, he displayed skills to get open and be of use as a receiver out of the backfield , some of the plays we ran looked like pure WCO stuff, especially using the short pass to RB's as an extension of the running game, those short passing plays helped keep the chains moving and made our offense a bit more versatile , Kaep was never able to look like a WCO QB these past few seasons, and Blaine showed in one game he is capable of running the style of offense us old school fans remember fondly
Why does every body call the ATL D bad?? Weren't they a top D early in the year and they have D. Quinn as Coach don't they. My only take is Gabbert played well and took NO sacks. ATL D is better than the Giants AND Ravens and we gave up multiple sacks in those games, All I'm saying is we will know what we have when he goes up against Seattle and for Kap to get his job back in SF he will have to show immediate improvement in getting the ball out quick, reading the D faster and throwing receivers open. All not his strengths .......

Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
Anyone who thinks Tomsula makes the decision on who starts at QB is fooling themselves.

Ok I'll bite. In your world it presumably is Trent Baalke, Jed York, Denise York or God.

I think it's the players on the team. They've been saying to go with Gabbert. Tomsula goes with the locker room.

I just heard this today. It was definitely the locker room specifically our WR's. They had enough.

This is in print somewhere? Something you heard? Perhaps you were there? Whispers out of the locker room? Specifically from our wide receivers? They wanted Gabbert over CK7? I haven't seen this story anywhere. Did I miss it?
Share 49ersWebzone