There are 295 users in the forums

Harbaugh takes a subtle jab at us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"we also call a bunch of fades with the biggest game of our careers on the line, when neither the qb or wr are good with them...and not give the ball to our heart and soul who got us there in the first place", added Harbaugh with a smirk.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. Kap probably tells jh how handcuffed he is over here. Nobody seems to be very happy in ninerland. Except of course those guys we have playing that should be on the streets.

Handcuffed....as in he's prevented from making basic reads that a rookie QB could handle.

Harbaugh did a masterful job with covering for Kaepernick's limitations, in the end he still has a crapload of limitations that no manner of coaching can overcome.

The argument that a 5th year QB just completely fell apart in 8 games due to a coaching change is ridiculous. He's been steadily regressing, it didn't just start with Tomsula.

He is who he has always been, other teams have just adjusted to him, they have mapped out his tendencies and are taking away what he likes to do most and are daring him to do what he likes least, that and the gameplanning isn't covering up for some of limitations like it once was.

Handcuffed, as in running it three straight times from the goal line and running it on third and long etc.

If you go down, go down swinging. Not with these weak ass conservative game plans.

Kap isn't playing well, sure, but its not like Geepsula are actually qualified to run an offense.
*Dumsula
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He's defending his boy kap.
He knows what crap coaches tomsula and geep are.

That's how I see it too. He's not bashing Kap, that's his guy. Definitely taking a shot at our coaches, and most of all, Baalke and York.

Agreed it's directed at York baalke and praaage
Handcuffed, as in running it three straight times from the goal line and running it on third and long etc.

If you go down, go down swinging. Not with these weak ass conservative game plans.

Kap isn't playing well, sure, but its not like Geepsula are actually qualified to run an offense.

Chryst can be a bad OC and Kaepernick can be a regressing QB that simply doesn't have the aptitude to improve at the position, the two are not mutually exclusive. It was stated that Kaepernick had the power to audible out of a playcall if he didn't like the particular look.

Harbaugh is saying that he trains up all his QB's to throw to an uncovered WR. Kaepernick was on the roster for all 4 of his seasons with the 49ers, that he still struggles after 4 seasons to make presnap reads, to understand what a defense is trying to do, to move through his progressions is a bigger issue that says more about the player than who the OC happens to be. That any coach admits that they have to "simplify" the offense for a 5th year QB or Roman even having to reduce the playbook for a 4th year QB, that is pretty telling.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Sounds like a jab at Kap, not necessarily the niners
however, this comes back to him because that is his guy.

btw, why is this thread up here? he is gone.
  • blop
  • Veteran
The argument that a 5th year QB just completely fell apart in 8 games due to a coaching change is ridiculous. He's been steadily regressing, it didn't just start with Tomsula.

He is who he has always been, other teams have just adjusted to him, they have mapped out his tendencies and are taking away what he likes to do most and are daring him to do what he likes least, that and the gameplanning isn't covering up for some of limitations like it once was.

Kap first started in the second half of 2012. We're just now in the second half of 2015. That's three seasons starting. Saying he's fifth-year QB is a bit disingenuous. At least to me.

Kap's performance has consistently regressed when we face tough defenses that overwhelm our O line. This trend started last year after we sustained numerous O line injuries. And it's only gotten worse this year, as we clearly did not fix the O line over the off season. At this point, he's played behind a relatively bad O line for about a season and a half-- which is about half his entire starting career. So I think even expecting three year's of development from Kap is a bit unfair. We knew Kap's weaknesses going in. If we wanted to develop Kap into a more trusting, quick throwing QB, we needed to provide him with a decent O line. We failed to do that, and Kap's subsequent struggles were predictable.

Everyone likes to say that defenses have adjusted and taken away Kap's edge-- his ability to run. I don't think that's really true. I think our O line has regressed, which has taken away his ability to run and his ability to hit deep routes. And to do just about everything else he did well-- including looking comfortable in the pocket while going through his progressions. We've all seen Kap perform well in the pocket. We've all seen him climb the pocket and make great throws. We've seen him avoid pressure. We've seen him make good pre- and post-snap reads. But we've all seen that he struggles with this stuff when the O line stinks. And his regression is getting worse over time. That's not the defense taking anything away from Kap. That's our s**tty O line slowly draining Kap's confidence.

When we face s**tty defenses that don't overwhelm our line, Kap does well. He is still able to put the last 1.5 seasons of s**t O line play aside and play with some confidence. He is much more decisive and makes some very nice throws. But as soon as the O line appears to be overwhelmed, Kap loses all confidence and starts scrambling and just looking entirely uncomfortable and shell shocked. And that's because he knows the pressure isn't anomalous. When the line is overwhelmed, the pressure is always there, and it's always ugly. Even when the O line doesn't completely fold when it faces a strong defense, the pocket is s**tty and unpredictable.

Kap just can't get this s**t O line play out of his head. And until he can, he'll be ineffective in most games. And under those conditions, I think it would be unfair for anyone to demand he improve. We need to trade Kap. For his own sake. He has real potential, and he deserves to play behind a line that gives him the space he needs to reach his potential. And he deserves our appreciation and respect for his play in 2012 and 2013, and his willingness to put himself in continually worsening conditions from 2014 on.

All that said, I'm very stoked for Gabbert. The real test is yet to come. It will be a very different game when he has to play behind this line while it is completely overwhelmed and there's no a pocket to step into. But I think he has a very good shot at out performing Kap because he hasn't been playing behind this s**t for a season and a half and he has nothing to lose. I really hope he plays well. Seems like a good dude. Would love to see him recover his career and get a starting position somewhere.

Even though I don't think Kap should be starting at this point, I'm just not cool with all the s**t half the fans are talking about him. I think we failed him more than he failed us, honestly. At least IMO.

Chryst can be a bad OC and Kaepernick can be a regressing QB that simply doesn't have the aptitude to improve at the position, the two are not mutually exclusive. It was stated that Kaepernick had the power to audible out of a playcall if he didn't like the particular look.

Harbaugh is saying that he trains up all his QB's to throw to an uncovered WR. Kaepernick was on the roster for all 4 of his seasons with the 49ers, that he still struggles after 4 seasons to make presnap reads, to understand what a defense is trying to do, to move through his progressions is a bigger issue that says more about the player than who the OC happens to be. That any coach admits that they have to "simplify" the offense for a 5th year QB or Roman even having to reduce the playbook for a 4th year QB, that is pretty telling.

Yes Kap is playing bad. That is understood.

And I think the OC doesn't have a very good game plan regardless of who the QB is. Geepsula aren't known asoffensive masterminds or anythjng like that. They never have been and never will be.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tezel112:
*Dumsula

Party pooper
Originally posted by blop:
Kap first started in the second half of 2012. We're just now in the second half of 2015. That's three seasons starting. Saying he's fifth-year QB is a bit disingenuous. At least to me.

This is his fifth season on an NFL roster. Whatever you want to call him, he's a veteran now, there's no justification for him continually making rookie level mistakes. I keep seeing the same issues repeated, last week was no different, the ugly late throw that he made versus the Cards that become pick 6's, he threw the exact same sort of pass vs the Rams, the only reason that it wasn't a TD for their defense is because it was batted down.

If he was a rookie player on a rookie contract, you could understand him making these mistakes but he's not, he's getting paid a lot of money to perform at a substandard level, throw out all the excuses that you like, bad OL, bad OC, bad talent.......Gabbert dealt with all of those things and more and managed to look more like a professional quarterback with his performance in the pocket.

At some point you just have to cut bait, because of his athleticism, Kaepernick will always be good for a few big games, he may even have a nice season or two but his trademark in the NFL thus far has been his incredible inconsistency, he's up, he's down, he's up, he's down and a big part of that seems to be due to him having failed to progress in the vital skills that separate the good QB's in the NFL from the also-ran's.

Nobody should have to come up with excuses for why a 5th year QB would have such a shocking lack of awareness as to not see a completely uncovered wide receiver.

Yes Kap is playing bad. That is understood.

Then I don't get how he is being "handcuffed" when he's shown an incredible lack of awareness for a long time now. This isn't new stuff, people have always ragged on him for running out of bounds when trying to run out the clock, for not being aware of the playclock and its been excused away due to how young and inexperienced he was. At some point the excuses wear thin and right now I don't think anyone is handcuffing Kaepernick more than he is doing to himself.
Pointing out the obvious
Yup. Kap probably tells jh how handcuffed he is over here. Nobody seems to be very happy in ninerland. Except of course those guys we have playing that should be on the streets.

Handcuffed....as in he's prevented from making basic reads that a rookie QB could handle.

Harbaugh did a masterful job with covering for Kaepernick's limitations, in the end he still has a crapload of limitations that no manner of coaching can overcome.

Well said and on point,tell the truth and shame the devil. Harbs really screwed Kap by covering up His Limitations,and Now that Harbs is GONE,guess what,Kap your covering is gone and you are left Naked to the World,thanks Harbs for Not really coaching Kap up to be a REAL NFL QB.
So
Originally posted by captveg:
LOL, what a dick.

Tomsula told the media after the game last week that Kap had the ability to audible on that play.

Gabbert always scanned the defense before plays today, even when it was a run play deep in their own territory.

Kap didn't do a basic high school action pre-snap and Harbaugh is suggesting he's being coached that way? If that was true Gabbert would have the same issue, but that never happened.

Harbaugh gonna Harbaugh
So what does that tell you about Fraudbuagh?

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Well said and on point,tell the truth and shame the devil. Harbs really screwed Kap by covering up His Limitations,and Now that Harbs is GONE,guess what,Kap your covering is gone and you are left Naked to the World,thanks Harbs for Not really coaching Kap up to be a REAL NFL QB.

I think Harbaugh did the best he could, I think he was overly optimistic about Kaepernick's development and when he didn't take the next step after teams began adjusting to him, Harbaugh began expending more time and effort to gameplan around his limitations.

Any coach that Kaepernick ends up with will assuredly have to do the same and I doubt that most will do as well as Harbaugh did.
Share 49ersWebzone