LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Kaepernick vs Gabbert post your arguments here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this deserves its own thread. People go back and forth in the Kaep thread and the Gabbert thread and arguments are lost in the game day threads. So with one game under his belt (and a good game at that) I think we have a valid qb controversy on its hands that deserves its own thread.

Me personally I think Gabbert is the better QB right now. He came in to the NFL on a talent depleted team and underpreformed at 21 years of age! He's now 26 and has committed himself to be a student of the game....meanwhile our "franchise" Qb has relied only on his God-given ability and has not progressed as a pro. I think Gabbert is the type of guy with NFL talent who took his lumps early and has worked to earn another chance and Kaep.....well he's been given every chance to succed but....doesnt ever work to be a student of the game. Case in point after every drive you see the cameras pan to Gabbert on the sidelines with a tablet in his hand....keapernick on the other hand..I could honestly remember screaming at the screen "Stop chilling at the sidelines study the formations!"..to me Gabbet has the NFL talent same as Keapernick but when faced in adversity has answered differently then our homegrown talent...thoughts?
Seattle will be the test.
feel good story of the weak
The late INT by Gabbert was a bit worrisome for me. Can't do that especially late in a tight game. I hope he learned to be safer in that situation. We were getting into FG range too.
He hit enough downfield passes to make me intrigued. Think of the drops, people. Some of those passes to the wideouts were spot on and they muffed them.

Had Gabbert completed those throws, this game might not have been as close. And those incompletions weren't his fault.

I think he's earned another start.
GABBERT is 12 million dollars cheaper

/arguement
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The late INT by Gabbert was a bit worrisome for me. Can't do that especially late in a tight game. I hope he learned to be safer in that situation. We were getting into FG range too.

I think the DBs started to catch onto his backshoulder throws.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Seattle will be the test.

so all he has to do is beat 8 first downs and if he can beat 8 first downs and 142 total offensive yards
he plays with no fear.

Kap is afraid.
Originally posted by Team49ers:

I think so too. Not sure why he doesn't just make the throw leading Celek up field. The defender had his back to the ball. Just give his receiver a chance. If not, it's an over throw, not an INT.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 8, 2015 at 6:19 PM ]

Gabbert chose good places to throw the ball and made most of the throws. he also seems to see the field better than Kap. Just seeing the field trumps Kap's arm strength and mobility advantages in my book.

That said, playing behind this OL is no way to fairly evaluate any QB. No sacks today raises a lot of questions...

While I believe more Tiller and Brown is a good thing, there is no way it is this good. ATL is bad.

Gabbert throws back shoulder better than Kap. he throws better screens than Kap and throws with better touch.

The 50 yard 9 route and laser out routes are sexy plays but fact of the matter is, we don't do it. Get the ball out on time, bad plays are minimized.
Originally posted by Team49ers:

I think so too. Not sure why he doesn't just make the throw leading Celek up field. The defender had his back to the ball. Just give his receiver a chance. If not, it's an over throw, not an INT.

Lol he made more back shoulder throws in one game than Kap has made in his career. The Internet was his only bad throw of the game
There really is no argument to be had. As of right now, it appears clear that Gabbert is a much better QB, and gives us a better chance to win games. We will need to see more, of course. Gabbert had a good game today. Too bad he gets an INT against him due to a WR fail, and he would have had quite a bit more yardage if not for many other drops.

If Gabbert does not start for the next game, this team deserves to lose.
  • Stud
"I love Kap, I want to see him in Lingerie."

-Blindfury.
Originally posted by 16to87:
feel good story of the weak

I don't think you were going for the pun there, but I lol'd none the less. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Nov 8, 2015 at 6:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone