LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 128 users in the forums

Game #9 - The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
W
Originally posted by tohara3:
Bad-Pears & Devey need to sit. Tiller & Brown should be starting from now on.
Good-defense played great game

I hope so.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The good: the D looked like the old Niner D
Gabbert was very Alex Smith esque

IDK what this means, if you mean they are both white then I agree. I like gabbert better than Smith.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Players had fun again.

All except 1

Lol, too soon
D Johnson always plays well. I'm surprised he doesn't stick especially with his ability to play bigger WRs.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
A lot of good. Was super excited to see Trenton Brown get some playing time.

Blaine was terrific outside of one throw really. Armstead great, Lynch good as usual, Tartt vicious, Draughn looked today a lot like he did in college getting yards after contact.

Lots of positives. And lets not forget, didn't have Boldin today and after the bye he should be back.

yeah

Gabby's quick release and decisiveness was impressive.

Let's not forget it was his first start in long time and he came to play.
Special teams belongs in the ugly for this one. Ellington letting it bounce at the 10 with gunners around, kick and punt coverage, hot-cold pinion, short kickoffs allowing blocks to set up. Losing the battle of field position once again by starting inside 10 yard line multiple times.

However Phil Dawson remains consistent and that's a plus
[ Edited by 49ERnation on Nov 8, 2015 at 5:05 PM ]
coverage held up despite many ineffective blitzes, thats a coverage plus
The ugly. Mangidiot covering their best players with linebackers, ie. the long throw to Jones at the end of the first half.
ugly: i don't know why some people are so high on Draughn, he didn't do much other than the one 30 yard run (only avg. 3.6 yards) him and gaskins can take a hike....Gaskins, for such a big dude, barely got the critical first down!!!

My GOOD?

The fans giving York the middle finger for being a d******d. An empty stadium hits him where it hurts..his bank account.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Born49R:
The ugly. Mangidiot covering their best players with linebackers, ie. the long throw to Jones at the end of the first half.
Jones was doubled. It was an over under. Safety over the top and Bowman trailing underneath while we blittzed...neither one of them made a play.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
A lot of good. Was super excited to see Trenton Brown get some playing time.

Blaine was terrific outside of one throw really. Armstead great, Lynch good as usual, Tartt vicious, Draughn looked today a lot like he did in college getting yards after contact.

Lots of positives. And lets not forget, didn't have Boldin today and after the bye he should be back.

Armstead has really surprised me as well, with his play of late.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
W

This

Feels good man
Not sure I can put the Defense down on the bad or ugly. They kept Atlanta's offense to 16 points with young guys in the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone