LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

is the new QB a DEAD CAT BOUNCE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

is the new QB a DEAD CAT BOUNCE

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
one of my favorite bets is when a new QB is starting bc a different playbook is opened up.

Lets see how Gabby looks in his second game before we crown him an NFL QB

Even if he isnt.....Kaepernick is not. Gabbert played behind the same OL, with less talent on offense and with RBs off the street and he was solid.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This is not going to get us the #1 pick in the draft, and it might help this pathetic coaching staff hang on another season...but I do like it when my Niners Win!!!

We are still closer to a top 5 pick, than a play game!

This is my biggest worry. I always believed we were going to win just enough to miss on the elite players in the draft, but hanging on to this coaching staff for another few years scares the s**t out of me.

This morning, I had a Zen like moment of clarity, and reflection, I came to a place where I would have been okay, not winning another game, as long as this staff was fired, and we got a top 5 draft pick.

Then we went and won, screw being zen, I was pumped by the win, now that it has passed....I realize it was like pissing in the wind. You feel relived, but you are covered in piss.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Nov 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM ]
  • Ike49
Bouncing cats will get you thrown in jail
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
one of my favorite bets is when a new QB is starting bc a different playbook is opened up.

Lets see how Gabby looks in his second game before we crown him an NFL QB

Even if he isnt.....Kaepernick is not. Gabbert played behind the same OL, with less talent on offense and with RBs off the street and he was solid.

true, Kap has played like a 2-6 QB
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by Nes49:
I miss my cat...

Mine got gored by a bobcat.

My lived 21 years & passed
[ Edited by Nes49 on Nov 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM ]
This is not going to get us the #1 pick in the draft, and it might help this pathetic coaching staff hang on another season...but I do like it when my Niners Win!!!

This is my biggest worry. I always believed we were going to win just enough to miss on the elite players in the draft, but hanging on to this coaching staff for another few years scares the s**t out of me.

This morning, I had a Zen like moment of clarity, and reflection, I came to a place where I would have been okay, not winning another game, as long as this staff was fired, and we got a top 5 draft pick.

Then we went and won, screw being zen, I was pumped by the win, now that it has passed....I realize it was like pissing in the wind. You feel relived, but you are covered in piss.

When a win does more damage than a loss.... You know you are screwed.... This is like when Nolan and Singletary were around.... Like, what's the use.... Only now, it's crystal clear that we are eternally screwed with the management in place.... It's not just the pathetic coaching holding us back.... Jedthro has his stadium.... There is zero motivation beyond dollars.... We truly need half empty stadiums for the foreseeable future.... This needs to be a national embarrassment....

The only saving grace to all of this.... The stadium is a disaster....The only thing saving it is its proximity to SF.... SF should be able to charge these Ohio cheapskates royalties.... The greatest City on earth being used by these numbskulls....
if they played their final play for the td niners would hve lost
Originally posted by Mathisonsf49:
The only saving grace to all of this.... The stadium is a disaster....The only thing saving it is its proximity to SF.... SF should be able to charge these Ohio cheapskates royalties.... The greatest City on earth being used by these numbskulls....

The city largely didn't want anything to do with a new stadium, they were absurdly difficult to work with and Newsom basically went out of his way to be inhibit a deal. Not sure what the purpose is of white-knighting for them, they f**ked up, that the Yorks have been screwing up doesn't change SF's management at the time being the equivalent of a burning dumpster fire. They flipped the bird to a legacy football franchise in favor of a boat race.

But former Mayor Gavin Newsom deserves a good share of the blame. For years, he pressured the 49ers to build a new stadium inside a deserted and radioactively polluted naval shipyard. The team resented the proposal, and the city didn't make any serious offers that didn't involve relocating to a Superfund site. In the meantime, Newsom did propose a sweetheart deal to lure a more esoteric event to San Francisco. As the 49ers get set to leave town, the America's Cup's 72-foot catamarans will set sail in San Francisco Bay later this year.

By 2010, even as Newsom offered the 49ers a polluted shipyard, he proposed giving away an estimated $128 million worth of prime waterfront property rights and other public benefits to Oracle Corp. co-founder and America's Cup holder Larry Ellison for the right to host the America's Cup regatta. That was despite there being few other serious bidders for the event.

The San Francisco Giants left Candlestick in 2000 for a new stadium, built by the team's owners at an attractive site leased from the city's port near downtown. And Mayor Lee is coaxing the Golden State Warriors to move west from Oakland by offering a lease of prime piers near the ballpark for a basketball arena.

But the city never offered up any appealing sites for the 49ers. In private talks, city officials left a rebuild at the Candlestick Point location on the table, and the site in nearby Brisbane continued to be discussed. But when it came to a new location for a stadium, the Hunters Point Naval Shipyard was the only site that the city offered. Take it or leave it was Newsom's ultimatum.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/01/_49ers_santa_clara_why_didn_t_san_francisco_try_harder_to_keep_its_football.html
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM ]

We won. It was a good game. We were competitive. The offense scored. The offense moved the ball. Receivers caught passes consistently. The o-line didn't give up a sack. So, who cares. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Originally posted by mike1302:
if they played their final play for the td niners would hve lost

But wouldn't have been blown out by multiple scores
Originally posted by Mathisonsf49:

When a win does more damage than a loss.... You know you are screwed.... This is like when Nolan and Singletary were around.... Like, what's the use.... Only now, it's crystal clear that we are eternally screwed with the management in place.... It's not just the pathetic coaching holding us back.... Jedthro has his stadium.... There is zero motivation beyond dollars.... We truly need half empty stadiums for the foreseeable future.... This needs to be a national embarrassment....

We need more picks...high picks more than we need wins. Maybe that's why we started Gabbert, to see what we have.

Also I totally agree with the bolded. We need coaches!! No more Singletary/Tomshuler "go rah rah" coaches. We need this teacher coach that Yorkie was talking about

Why does nobody see this!?!? No one ever thinks big picture...
For this game, Gabbert lifted the offense...and that's exactly what the Dr. ordered. He showed everything Kap hasn't...decisiveness, elusiveness (especially in the pocket), accuracy and spirit. You could tell his offensive teammates were digging what he was doing...and they played with enthusiasm and spirit we haven't seen in quite some time. I surely hope Tomsula keeps him as the starter...he certainly played well enough to deserve it. The bye will give some players a chance to heal...then Seattle. It's just one win, but one the team really needed, and Gabbert came through when legions of so-called experts could only predict disaster based on his Jags days. Good for you, Blaine.
The zone rules.
Share 49ersWebzone