how is the line only Falcons -7?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lose with class
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kdoggie:
how is the line only Falcons -7?

They beat Titans 10-7 and lost to the Buccaneers the following week. They played the weaker schedule, we played more SB contenders.

If our secondary wasn't banged up, that spread would be a little lower, and if Kap were in the line up the point spread wouldn't be more than -4.

Oddsmakers know what they're doing... this could be closer than we think. JJ will go off on us, but their defense will give up points as well.

The safe bet might be the over on the total (44). That's my guess.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers promote CBs Chris Davis and Marcus Cromartie from practice squad; place RB Mike Davis and S L.J. McCray on injured reserve.

championship
Originally posted by LVJay:
They beat Titans 10-7 and lost to the Buccaneers the following week. They played the weaker schedule, we played more SB contenders.

If our secondary wasn't banged up, that spread would be a little lower, and if Kap were in the line up the point spread wouldn't be more than -4.

Oddsmakers know what they're doing... this could be closer than we think. JJ will go off on us, but their defense will give up points as well.

All valid points.

I just don't see how we score any points with a shoddy OL, back-up QB, back-up RBs, no Boldin, etc. Defense also has its holes. I would think Ryan goes air raid on us and/or plays keep-away for a good part of the game.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thirthyeight:
Who cares? Hayne aint plane..

With so much hatred for 9ers management, why not give the fans something they all want, Hayne returning Punts? Cant hurt season!

Who told you we want him returning punts?
Maybe next year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can care less about the season, we're cooked / burnt.

I just want to see some promise out of our future players from here on out... 2016 couldn't come any faster

2016 won't be much better I'm afraid.
I'm looking for two things:

1. At least 17 points from the offense.

2. Am actual rhythm to the majority of offensive drives.

Really, when was the last time the offense had a good rhythm to it? I wanna say even when Kap was playing well in 2012-13, and even then it was rarely consistent within a full game. I remember as early as 2013 being frustrated with the "herky-jerky" vibe.

I thought it was a byproduct of HaRoman (and to a degree I still think that), but the QBs contributed to the problem.

Alex finally got in a good rhythm in some games in 2012 (the awesome Buffalo game, and the road Arizona game), but that was at the sacrifice of the big play. So Kap was able to deliver the big play, but as a young player we figured the pacing issues he had would go away with experience/growth, and that never happened.

So here I am, hoping for a rhythm. If Gabbert can improve that and deliver some actual points, I'll be happy with this game,win or lose.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 7, 2015 at 2:40 PM ]
With Hyde out, VD gone, Blaine starting and Boldin questionable, the team we are fielding on Sunday might be the worst in 49er history.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
20-3 falcons. 6-20 if we lucky.

This.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
With Hyde out, VD gone, Blaine starting and Boldin questionable, the team we are fielding on Sunday might be the worst in 49er history.

2004 still worse.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Go team... We want 50! Oh wait that's from the Falcons .....

Go team...let's try and score a TD this week eh?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kdoggie:

All valid points.

I just don't see how we score any points with a shoddy OL, back-up QB, back-up RBs, no Boldin, etc. Defense also has its holes. I would think Ryan goes air raid on us and/or plays keep-away for a good part of the game.

This could very well be a blowout, but there are some intangibles that come into play. Everyone expects Gabby to suck, but sometimes a back up QB can light a spark (in our case, it may be very brief). The offensive line might suddenly play good enough to keep us in that game. Also, our defense plays better at home.

They have a very fast RB >>> we got scrubs, but Pierre use to play against the Falcons when he was with the Saints. They have JJ, but Roddy White isn't what he use to be. I'm hoping Johnson plays well!

Don't forget, we have two speedy WRs and Simpson took all snaps in practice with a full game under his belt since his suspension.

They also have guys playing dinged up on their oline and their secondary is banged up like ours. I'd lean slightly to our front seven. If we can rattle Ryan and get a few sacks, we can stay in it the game. Win it? That's asking a bit much, but ya never know....

A late TD in garbage time can give 49ers bettors a backdoor cover
[ Edited by LVJay on Nov 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I can care less about the season, we're cooked / burnt.

I just want to see some promise out of our future players from here on out... 2016 couldn't come any faster

2016 won't be much better I'm afraid.

neither you nor me will have any tingling for quite some time then?

Oh, Eddie / Carmen, please come back....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

There's potential yet... more injuries can make us worse than that
Share 49ersWebzone