LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Fair weather "faithful"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Can't believe the negativity in these forum threads!

And I thought it was just the English that turned on and ate their own when the team was performing badly.

Many of you have gotten your wish, Hayne is on the PS, even with the occasionally gloating of lurkers posting comments in that thread, you will still see many Aussie posters having a good cheer and thinking positive, majority wishing the team can improve and hoping we can win some games. Many Aussie though are still confused why you would cut a RB that had #2 average rushing yards even before all,the injuries. But that was the teams decision so we go with the punches and still support the team.

we are even making a joke game score between the PS "team" against the regular "team" in a training game. though sadly the PS have actually managed to score a TD so are beating the regular team 7-3 with the regular team only able to kick a field goal.... Hayne is having a blinder taking on the positions as the QB, punter, line backer AND, WR with even few RB read play options.....the ultimate fantasy league we know!

What I can't understand is the 49ers talk about the "faithfull" yet as a recent observer of the microcosm that is the forum I see nothing that one could consider "faithful" in the context of supporters of the team.

For example we just signed several new RB, none of the official threads are exactly lighting up with comments and discussions about how they could impact and help the team.

Even one of our RB recently promoted from the PS had a birthday recently. His tweet about it had only one retweet when I noted it on 49ers feed. and in this forum it did not have a single comment. He may even be our new starting RB this week!

The Second half is about to start so I will now scurry back to the Hayne practice squad thread to watch....

"Here we go practice squad here we go here we go practice squad here we go "

My point is this!

Where are all the "faithful"
[ Edited by MFWIC on Nov 6, 2015 at 1:29 AM ]
I'm here mate. Supporting our team through thick and thin. Just what is thick and what is thin is a little blurry at the moment though....
We've heard from some of the locals that the SF area can be a bit fickle and the fans have earned the tag, "Forty Whiners". I won't pretend to know exactly how true that is or how or if it applies to this board.

I don't know if it's just me, but the forum seems to have quietened down over the last few days. People are really feeling the current state of the team, understandably. Some have tried to get into "we might as well laugh" mode, but the thread started along those lines has heaps of Aussie input too. Probably because that's what aussies do when the chips are down. Chin up, have a smile and a laugh and keep soldiering on.

As a fan that flew into SF on the Hayne Plane, I'll support the team despite his involvement and any flak we might receive from some quarters. Aussies aren't known for giving up and walking away defeated, quite the opposite, and I'm sure there must be plenty of local fans who feel the same.
[ Edited by Zealot on Nov 6, 2015 at 2:07 AM ]
I can't be all positive when there's clearly something or someone (Jed) wrong with this team.

I don't expect to have a winning season every year, but I do expect the owner to do what's best for the team, and give the fans hope. Right now we have an egotistical owner who puts his "feelings" before the team. Until he changes we have no hope. I can't blindly support this man.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Nov 6, 2015 at 2:19 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nothing pisses me off more than when fandom is questioned when there is s**tty product on the field. This is even more annoying coming from bandwagon Hayne fans.

Ive seen this team have about 6 or 7 successful seasons in my time watching (about 17). I get to hear about the glory days constantly that I didnt even get to witness. We had a good thing and it got s**tted on by a pompous, idiot, silver spoon eating rich pansy ass b***h boy who wouldnt be able to make it in the real world. Excuse me for being a bit pissed off at this team and its complete dismantling..a dismantling most saw coming from 100 miles away. I still love the team and still watch every pitiful game we play..but i dont have to like what Im seeing. I dont have to keep my mouth shut to prove Im "faithful". Im faitful because Ive watched this team through a bunch of real s**tty years and now I have to do it again.

And Ill continue to watch. Im not gonna go follow Hayne to wherever he goes next if he's cut like most the aussies will. So please can you not question fandom when you've only been here for 7 or 8 months.
Your argument is you should accept any garbage product the Yorks put on the field? Regardless of their own terrible decisions and moves they have intentionally made. So they put a totally hopeless team and coaching staff together. And you are a "better fan" because you love them and support them 150% anyway. Your "faith" in the Yorks never waivers. This makes you a really swell human being, a great person and among the best overall fans in the history of football.

Cool story bro. Good to know.

We have the right to be negative right now. It's the ones that jump ship completely and turn their back on the team that are fair weather.
The faithful are still here but after Coach Harbaugh's magnificent run it takes time to set in where we are now compared to the last four years.
in terms of fanbase nickname:

Empire >>>> Faithful

imho

Faithful sounds beta and soft af
good post

Originally posted by Antix:
Nothing pisses me off more than when fandom is questioned when there is s**tty product on the field. This is even more annoying coming from bandwagon Hayne fans.

Ive seen this team have about 6 or 7 successful seasons in my time watching (about 17). I get to hear about the glory days constantly that I didnt even get to witness. We had a good thing and it got s**tted on by a pompous, idiot, silver spoon eating rich pansy ass b***h boy who wouldnt be able to make it in the real world. Excuse me for being a bit pissed off at this team and its complete dismantling..a dismantling most saw coming from 100 miles away. I still love the team and still watch every pitiful game we play..but i dont have to like what Im seeing. I dont have to keep my mouth shut to prove Im "faithful". Im faitful because Ive watched this team through a bunch of real s**tty years and now I have to do it again.

And Ill continue to watch. Im not gonna go follow Hayne to wherever he goes next if he's cut like most the aussies will. So please can you not question fandom when you've only been here for 7 or 8 months.
Hey, he just speaking on what he sees
Go the Niners
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Your argument is you should accept any garbage product the Yorks put on the field? Regardless of their own terrible decisions and moves they have intentionally made. So they put a totally hopeless team and coaching staff together. And you are a "better fan" because you love them and support them 150% anyway. Your "faith" in the Yorks never waivers. This makes you a really swell human being, a great person and among the best overall fans in the history of football.

Cool story bro. Good to know.

This ^

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
We have the right to be negative right now. It's the ones that jump ship completely and turn their back on the team that are fair weather.

.. and this ^
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Can't believe the negativity in these forum threads!

And I thought it was just the English that turned on and ate their own when the team was performing badly.

Many of you have gotten your wish, Hayne is on the PS, even with the occasionally gloating of lurkers posting comments in that thread, you will still see many Aussie posters having a good cheer and thinking positive, majority wishing the team can improve and hoping we can win some games. Many Aussie though are still confused why you would cut a RB that had #2 average rushing yards even before all,the injuries. But that was the teams decision so we go with the punches and still support the team.

we are even making a joke game score between the PS "team" against the regular "team" in a training game. though sadly the PS have actually managed to score a TD so are beating the regular team 7-3 with the regular team only able to kick a field goal.... Hayne is having a blinder taking on the positions as the QB, punter, line backer AND, WR with even few RB read play options.....the ultimate fantasy league we know!

What I can't understand is the 49ers talk about the "faithfull" yet as a recent observer of the microcosm that is the forum I see nothing that one could consider "faithful" in the context of supporters of the team.

For example we just signed several new RB, none of the official threads are exactly lighting up with comments and discussions about how they could impact and help the team.

Even one of our RB recently promoted from the PS had a birthday recently. His tweet about it had only one retweet when I noted it on 49ers feed. and in this forum it did not have a single comment. He may even be our new starting RB this week!

The Second half is about to start so I will now scurry back to the Hayne practice squad thread to watch....

"Here we go practice squad here we go here we go practice squad here we go "

My point is this!

Where are all the "faithful"

Hey bro. If you don't like the negative talk go start your own happy happy joy joy "faithful" 49er happy talk only forum. See how much traffic you get.

The product is worse than bad. These last couple of games have been so bad you really have to question your use of your time if your spending it watching on tv. In my book your a good fan if you can look at your team with a non biased eye and admit that this team sucks and has some massive FO problems.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Nov 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM ]
Lmao at people who are only here for one player trying to question the Fandom of others who have been following the team for years/decades.
Share 49ersWebzone