LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

Faded Glory Days Talk: What was your favorite 49ers team again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
'88 and '89 team

OMFG. I think they were on a 17 straight road win stretch. Shredding defenses. Precision offense with an absolute surgeon in Joe.

18 straight on the road....it's still my favorite record that the niners have. Second highest all time is like 11.
Originally posted by Niners816:
'88 and '89 team

OMFG. I think they were on a 17 straight road win stretch. Shredding defenses. Precision offense with an absolute surgeon in Joe.

18 straight on the road....it's still my favorite record that the niners have. Second highest all time is like 11.

They had backups that could start for other teams. Eddie and Carmen stacking players for Walsh. Wesley Walls was may favorite backup TE. I thought after B. Jones , Wesley would keep the train going at TE. Kinda like Montana then Steve. He ended up going to the Panthers in a expansion draft I think. Was so disappointed. Then he caught a TD pass against us, basically being a very good TE.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM ]
'89 team of course...the greatest team of all time IMO...In the playoff and including SB that year the games were over by half-time...that is dominance at a level I have not see in the NFL since...
They had backups that could start for other teams. Eddie and Carmen stacking players for Walsh.

After the 6-5 start in 1988, they went on to have 39-6 record (including playoffs) in their next 45 games. Just incredible.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
'89 team of course...the greatest team of all time IMO...In the playoff and including SB that year the games were over by half-time...that is dominance at a level I have not see in the NFL since...

The Rams in '89 was very good offensively. They were the buzzsaw in the playoff zeroing on us. They were trying to be another version of us. I got a bit nervous. By half time, I was all good. Defense showed up. 27-3... I think. Incredible.
Originally posted by Hitman49:

I have to agree. That '89 team was one for the ages. A 100 point differential in the playoffs. WTF??!!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm not sure if the 89 team can beat my all time 1984..

Personally, I think that 1987 (who got upset by the Vikings) was better than 1989 team..

I just love the 1984 team because that team was consistent from the 1st tame to the Super Bowl vs Marino..

Plus, that alone, tells you how good the 1984 team was.. they held MARINO & THE MARK BROTHERS!!
The '84 and the '89 teams are both in the conversation as the greatest. The '84 team was one bad pass interference call away from 19-0.

But that playoff run at the end of '89 is something I don't know if any team will ever equal. How does an NFL team go into the playoffs and blow out every playoff team they face? That just doesn't happen.
1994 will always be my favorite team/year (I was 15, and I really didn't start watching the games avidly until the 1992 season when I was 13).

2011 is my 2nd favorite team/year
94 team was epic. and those uni's.

• BobS
  • Veteran
1984, I had started a new job had been unemployed for a while and I was next to broke. I made various bets on the Super Bowl giving the 3.5 to Dolphin fans + a dollar a point over and above the spread. Think I made $500 which was a lot of money to me back then.
  • Stud
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
you know these nostalgia threads should be locked. focus on the garbage that is today and make it better. dont dwell in the past.

worst most pointless post i've read today.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no love for the 72 team led by steve spurrier? lol,, he did get us into the playoffs, I got to give him that
The '81 team is my favorite. Though certainly not among the best teams that we have ever fielded, this group overcame all odds and brought home our first championship! The dynasty was born...

1988 49ers Montana Rice Taylor denied Boomer Esiason & the Bengals and gave Coach Bill Walsh a Super Bowl victory in his final game.
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Nov 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone