There are 178 users in the forums

Faded Glory Days Talk: What was your favorite 49ers team again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I always argue that the QB position has never been played as well as Steve played it after being yanked in the philly game. The numbers were otherworldly:

14 games including playoffs
70%
3200 or so yards
39 tds
5 ints
124 QB rating

The other eye popping Steve stats in 1994 are that he completed 77% of his passes on the road, had a QB rating of 141 on 3rd down and had a 27 to 0 TD to int ratio in the redzone. Just ridiculous.

Most important stat though was 2-0 vs the f**king Cowboys.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
89. All I can remember was how we totally creamed John Elway in the Super Bowl. Man, they didn't even stand half a chance, we totally raped the Broncos.
[ Edited by Rascal on Nov 6, 2015 at 7:54 AM ]
  • Stud
Originally posted by Rascal:
89. All I can remember was how we totally creamed John Elway in the Super Bowl. Man, they didn't even stand how a chance, we totally raped the Broncos.

What's crazy is the Broncos had the #1 defense that year and the 49ers put up 55. That is astonishing.
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by Rascal:
89. All I can remember was how we totally creamed John Elway in the Super Bowl. Man, they didn't even stand how a chance, we totally raped the Broncos.

What's crazy is the Broncos had the #1 defense that year and the 49ers put up 55. That is astonishing.

It was nuts Broncos where #1 PA we put up 55. In the divisional round Minnesota was #1 in terms of yards and we put up 41. Most dominating postseason run in SB era.
you know these nostalgia threads should be locked. focus on the garbage that is today and make it better. dont dwell in the past.
2011 was so magical I was at an all time high that season...f**k you kyle williams!!
Tie between 1989 and 1994. The 89 team in the playoffs was downright perfect. The 94 team was special because it felt like we won the SB twice that year. Beating Dallas felt that good.

I miss the days of being the model franchise.
Toss up between the '88 or '89 team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the 81 team cuz it was the first . fond memories of , at least the first 7 games of the 1976 team. that was a super bowl team in my opinion
2004. I felt like we really underachieved that year.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
84. It was like watching a machine.

but but but,. we were going to get blown out in the super bowl cuz of marino and his awesome offense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
you know these nostalgia threads should be locked. focus on the garbage that is today and make it better. dont dwell in the past.

that makes one of you who thinks that
89-90 Should have 3 peated.
Born in 91 so the 2011 team
'88 and '89 team

OMFG. I think they were on a 17 straight road win stretch. Shredding defenses. Precision offense with an absolute surgeon in Joe.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 6, 2015 at 10:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone