There are 248 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn is a piece of s**t sports writer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lowell, you are a journalist. Please walk to your type writer , sit down an write an insightful article on the epic rudeness of CK. Give us your research, times dates an site examples of all the arrogant an rude instances you have had with him. Also , please site all the other journalists you say are right there with you. Or are you just now an Internet blogger who gets to say anything these days.

We call those people Hacks, you my friend are acting as a internet hack
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's right! He's right about the Yorks and Baalke too.

I consider Lowell Cohn to be a GREAT HERO! He is the most honest truth teller of all the press that covers the 49ers.

I almost always agree with Lowell Cohn......

probably because he is your dad

Beat me to it!
Originally posted by jimrat:
When is this old f**k going to retire

Not soon enough!
All the complaining and the Cohns are still around. The way to act is to stop reading anything they print.
He may not be a true journalist but he does tell the truth and calls people out to their faces.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He may not be a true journalist but he does tell the truth and calls people out to their faces.

His version of the truth maybe. Just because someone shares their feelings doesn't dictate it as truth? Otherwise everything is relative...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the zone tends to hate writers that aren't homers.
Not a big deal.

Kaep's probably a nice guy from the Central Valley. The public stuff is part of the price for getting that $$$.

Cohn is just doing his job: to get attention and readership for his sponsor/paper. He writes about sports, which is entertainment. He's no different from Kawakami, Killion, Ratto, or any other sports columnist in the world. Whether he is right or wrong, douche or not, truthful or doing it for money, Cohn needs to have an opinion and people who listen to it in order to continue being a columnist.
[ Edited by zonkers on Nov 4, 2015 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I consider Lowell Cohn to be a GREAT HERO! He is the most honest truth teller of all the press that covers the 49ers.

probably because he is your dad

Beat me to it!

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hardly, he is entitled to his opinion, but if you expect to be treated with respect by the people you cover, you should show the same in return.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Except I remember him being a complete d-bag even back when the 49ers won the SB. Its one thing to criticize a team in bad times, but Cohn has always come off as some grumpy old guy yelling at kids to stay off his lawn.

It's actually not even news. Kaep has been...at best... a reluctant,unco-operative interview.. and at wost.. a jerk. Sportswriters ARE the link between FANS and the athletes.. and fact is.. it's the FANS who pay the bills. I see how Bengal writers interact with Andy Dalton. He has had his ups and downs ,got criticized, but he handled it well. OT Andrew Whitworth is a veteran leader and known as a VERY solid interview. He is willing to get into analytical stuff,into various details. Bengal fans (and sportswriters) think VERY well of him. Some guys... have a positive approach... but...really are not gonna have a lot to say beyond the cliches and such. Some guys are... flat out defensive..almost paranoid. In football..there's quite a few players + coaches but... the QB is a big deal. If he's got an odd ATTITUDE going....he'd better PLAY well...or you think, this dude has ISSUES.
I don't think lowell cohn has changed 2 seconds in the last 30 yrs. He was always this way. LIke someone said above, "don't read him"".
Share 49ersWebzone