There are 214 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn is a piece of s**t sports writer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He has had it out for Kap since day one! Now he gets personal and completely unprofessional. a*****e should be fired!

Columnist rips Kaepernick as "arrogant, rude" Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2015, 6:26 PM EST
APIt's now open season on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The news yesterday that Kaepernick has been benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert was met by at least one member of the Bay Area media deciding to kick Kaepernick while he's down.

"Kaepernick one of the most arrogant, rude athletes I ever covered in 35 years," veteran Bay Area columnist Lowell Cohn tweeted today.

That didn't go over well. Cohn heard from plenty of readers who wondered why he felt the need to attack Kaepernick personally rather. It's completely fair to criticize the way Kaepernick has played this season — he's played like garbage — but Cohn (who has a history of taking personal shots at Kaepernick) didn't comment on Kaepernick's on-field performance. He only criticized Kaepernick as a person.

After hearing from readers who thought he went too far in going after Kaepernick, Cohn doubled down.

"It is a true statement as far as my interaction with Kap goes. Other journalists find him rude and arrogant, believe me," Cohn wrote. "I wrote the tweet because Kap's time in SF/Santa Clara is coming to an end and I wanted to express my feelings — feelings I have expressed many times before."

Cohn also complained that people on Twitter began to lob personal attacks at him and his son (who also works in the Bay Area sports media) after his Kaepernick tweet. If that's the case, those people were wrong. But it's a little odd to complain about personal attacks when Cohn got the whole thing started with a personal attack toward Kaepernick.

If Kaepernick is arrogant and rude, that's a character fault, but it's not the reason he's failed as the 49ers' quarterback. His real faults are on the field, and as his time in San Francisco comes to an end, it's the on-field failures that really deserve scrutiny.
Fair call. I got the same impression from the first pre-season game when he never acknowledged the fans for turning up in big numbers at Levi. He'd have been run out of town here, tarred and feathered.

Only one thing worse then an arrogant person and that's a arrogant sportsman. You throw some pig skin around mate. You're not that important.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Kaepernicks public image is very douchey though.

I've heard privately he's very generous/nice but the way he promoted himself made him very unlikable to me.

Cohn gonna Cohn though... he's just a pissy kvetcher because Kap never gave him the time of day.
Who cares

Alot of people say kap is rude, arrogant, etc. and alot of others defend him and say he's not. It's really just who do you believe more?

I just go off what I read and how he handles himself when I watch him on the field or listen to his presses or twitter account.

Like the Miami hat thing, personally I as well as I'm sure other fans were ticked off with what he said, not with what he did. I could give a sh*t that he wore a Miami hat to match his outfit, what I didn't like though was his response to the fans who were upset about it. Loads a pic of the hat and says "imma wear what I want regardless of what ya'"ll think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers."

What that tweet told me was A. I dgaf what u fans think imma do what I want. And B. he only cares about his teammates and the 49ers but not us fans who are essentially paying his check since we pay York..

If he woulda said something like "all you need to worry about is imma grind for you guys the fans, my teammates, and the 49ers" that would be a hell of alot better than saying he doesn't care about what we think, and he's only grinding for himself, teammates and 49ers. Like I said, I didnt give a f*ck that he wore the hat, like really no one should've, but his response to the fans who cared about him enough to be upset about what he was wearing ticked me off personally. If I had fans that got upset about some merchandise I was wearing I sure as hell wouldn't essentially spit in there face like kap did
Cohn's reputation as a journo seems to precede him. If Kap came across as rude, it's probably because he thought Cohn was a d******d. Not really smart on Kap's part, because the media usually have too much clout and they'll give you a pizzling unless you kiss their arse. Best way to get one up would've been for Kap to be nice as pie and have Cohn writing positive things.
There are more articles than less attacking CK on a personal level. I'm inclined to believe Cohn on this one.

If he is not going to dominate on the field, he should look into being a much nicer guy.

Imagine him snubbing a fan in real life? That person is going to ultimately hate him. Not quite like Cutler but it's trending downwards.
He's right! He's right about the Yorks and Baalke too.

I consider Lowell Cohn to be a GREAT HERO! He is the most honest truth teller of all the press that covers the 49ers.

I almost always agree with Lowell Cohn......
Sounds like he posts here. I see no difference between what he said and a whole number of posts I read here. Hatred is a motherf**ker.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's right! He's right about the Yorks and Baalke too.

I consider Lowell Cohn to be a GREAT HERO! He is the most honest truth teller of all the press that covers the 49ers.

I almost always agree with Lowell Cohn......

probably because he is your dad

• MikeD
  • Veteran
He should be only writing about sports, who cares about his personal opinion on how Kap is as a person. Go cry some more.
Another ignorant piece by Cohn. Why does anyone read them?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
You know you're in the wrong when PFT jumps in to defend Kaepernick
Cohn is irrelevant - he needs the sensational headline/blurb to get a read. The Press Democrat? LOL. Ignore him.
Originally posted by English:
Another ignorant piece by Cohn. Why does anyone read them?

Pretty much this.
Share 49ersWebzone