LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Pep Hamilton fired,Our new OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by baltien:
Please. Pep is being scapegoated. He was there when people were calling Luck the best young QB and football and now that Luck is playing like garbage and handing out interceptions like free condoms it's the OC's fault?

Give me a break.

Luck has regressed, but he was supposed to be the league's next great hope after Brady and Rodgers so the media doesn't want to admit it yet.

Fun fact: Andrew Luck STILL has a lower QBR rating than Colin Kaepernick. With a better line, better receivers and a better running game.

Let that sink in a moment.

It is possible for Luck to be doing poorly and for Pep to be a mediocre OC. He had a good first year but his struggles have been well noted since.

If their offense takes a turn for the better with Chud as the OC, then I think it'll be pretty clear where the problem lay.

Well, by your own logic wouldn't we have to give Chud around two years to make an accurate comparison? That I can think of, QB's don't usually go from being turnover machines to elite by tweaking the playbook.

Best case scenario is they just learn to generate more yards and points to offset the interceptions (think Eli Manning). Granted, Luck is still young and could improve. I have no doubt that he will.

I just think it's funny that the "bench Kap" crowd is holding him up as the model QB when in reality, he's playing much worse than what we already have.
People waned him last year as OC...
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Hire the guy responsible for luck being the interception king of the universe. Umm ...

No.

Please. Pep is being scapegoated. He was there when people were calling Luck the best young QB and football and now that Luck is playing like garbage and handing out interceptions like free condoms it's the OC's fault?

Give me a break.

Luck has regressed, but he was supposed to be the league's next great hope after Brady and Rodgers so the media doesn't want to admit it yet.

Fun fact: Andrew Luck STILL has a lower QBR rating than Colin Kaepernick. With a better line, better receivers and a better running game.

hmmmmm good point,its Luck that has the problem,NOT PEP,I would still like to give PEP a shot.Hell Geep got a shot
Hire the guy responsible for luck being the interception king of the universe. Umm ...

No.

Give me a break.

hmmmmm good point,its Luck that has the problem,NOT PEP,I would still like to give PEP a shot.Hell Geep got a shot
Originally posted by Jcool:

Already a thread on Pep in NFL Talk

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/183752-pep-hamilton-fired-colts/

not everyone looks into NFL Talk to see if there a thread already,Wow what are you the freaking LOCK-THIS THREAD POLICE?
Originally posted by nj9er:
Seems to be a trend with Harbaugh QBs they play well for a time then just fall apart.

Got to keep an eye on that,maybe they are like Harbs,their Shelf-life is only good for 3 years
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

No.

Give me a break.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Already a thread on Pep in NFL Talk

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/183752-pep-hamilton-fired-colts/

not everyone looks into NFL Talk to see if there a thread already,Wow what are you the freaking LOCK-THIS THREAD POLICE?
Well it doesn't belong in niner talk since he doesnt work for the niners.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

so the rules are you have to talk about someone in Niner Talk only if they work for the 9ers?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Give me a break.

It is possible for Luck to be doing poorly and for Pep to be a mediocre OC. He had a good first year but his struggles have been well noted since.

If their offense takes a turn for the better with Chud as the OC, then I think it'll be pretty clear where the problem lay.
That's big time BS! Luck has improved each year with Pep as the OC. It couldn't possibly be the fact that Luck's OL has sucked, he got hurt, he's still hurt, the defense has gotten substantially worse each year he has been there and he's throwing some absolutely horrible throws trying to do to much. Ya it's Pep telling Luck to miss his receivers by ten yards. Pep is the scapegoat. The GM and HC are terrible and are dead men walking.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Dont want anybody brought in by baalke dont want any current staff besides Rathman.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ANYONE would be an upgrade.

The QB throws a bunch of pics, fire the OC.
Originally posted by KID9R:
That's big time BS! Luck has improved each year with Pep as the OC. It couldn't possibly be the fact that Luck's OL has sucked, he got hurt, he's still hurt, the defense has gotten substantially worse each year he has been there and he's throwing some absolutely horrible throws trying to do to much. Ya it's Pep telling Luck to miss his receivers by ten yards. Pep is the scapegoat. The GM and HC are terrible and are dead men walking.

The parallels. One QB got benched, the other got his OC fired.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

so the rules are you have to talk about someone in Niner Talk only if they work for the 9ers?
Originally posted by Blindfury:
The parallels. One QB got benched, the other got his OC fired.
what do they have in common? Harbs!
Share 49ersWebzone