LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Time to boycott 49er games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There's no point in doing this. The team makes more money when it wins, therefore owners want to win. It's not like they'll go "oh crap not as much tv views time to make a winning team. They will also still not be losing money even if some fans boycott games. It will just not do anything. The best scenarios I can think of would be

1. Jed actually learns something from all this, somehow he gets the right people in power then gtfoutta the way.

2. Asked for help from uncle eddie.

They aren't selling.
Originally posted by theninermind:
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.

What do you mean, 'we'? Speak for yourself. I've been watching and rooting for the Niners for over 50 years and I don't plan to stop because of a down period. You need to do what all the other band wagon fans do - find a team that's good right now and have your fun.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
There's no point in doing this. The team makes more money when it wins, therefore owners want to win. It's not like they'll go "oh crap not as much tv views time to make a winning team. They will also still not be losing money even if some fans boycott games. It will just not do anything. The best scenarios I can think of would be

1. Jed actually learns something from all this, somehow he gets the right people in power then gtfoutta the way.

2. Asked for help from uncle eddie.

They aren't selling.

This. Jed grew up watching his uncle win and obviously he wants to win.

He probably knows he screwed up and will try to get the team back to winning again.
Originally posted by crake49:
Jed York said to hold him responsible. We need to do exactly that. Boycott the games. If the stadium is less than 1/2 full, and his pockets and being impacted maybe he'll get it. I personally think this roller coaster needs to end. And it needs to end with the fans showing the team that we're not going to take it anymore. We're not going to be lied to. And we're not going to watch this lousy product.

What do you mean, 'we'? Speak for yourself. I've been watching and rooting for the Niners for over 50 years and I don't plan to stop because of a down period. You need to do what all the other band wagon fans do - find a team that's good right now and have your fun.
These people think they are owed something..

i'm with you..Faithful
Been boycotting my entire life. I just watch on TV

Originally posted by 49erChica:
If YOU wanna do it, go ahead. I'll be attending 3 more games this season to support our guys. I'm cheering regardless and gonna have fun doing it!!!

That's the spirit!
Originally posted by xberesx:

Thats not boycotting..every second you are watching is making jeds pocket fatter !
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by xberesx:

Thats not boycotting..every second you are watching is making jeds pocket fatter !

It was a joke
Better late than never.

This stupid owner and GM don't deserve any loyalty.
  • Jiks
I personally feel like our FO has made some wrong choices, but I'm not going to act like ours is the only one. I think people are completely overreacting on a down year, especially after losing so much great talent and with new positions at every position on the field.

People want to hate on Jed for firing Harbaugh, but I remember thinking this team has lost its passion last year when we went 8-8 with much much better talent.

It sucks being a bottom feeder, but with so many people leaving, and all the turnover I get it.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I personally feel like our FO has made some wrong choices, but I'm not going to act like ours is the only one. I think people are completely overreacting on a down year, especially after losing so much great talent and with new positions at every position on the field.

People want to hate on Jed for firing Harbaugh, but I remember thinking this team has lost its passion last year when we went 8-8 with much much better talent.

It sucks being a bottom feeder, but with so many people leaving, and all the turnover I get it.
Also Roman was on the Hot seat not Harbaugh...

We had great veterans that were long in the tooth..it was going to happen sooner or later

How can you impact the man's pockets if the seats have already been sold?

You'll impact the bottom line when about 10-20 thousand fans refuse to renew season ticket licenses -- giving them the right to purchase season tickets. When that happens? Then the Yorks will start feeling the bottom line. But not until then. You've got another 2-3 years of terrible football to look forward too.

Besides -- the cupboard is bare. The team stocked itself with talent during the down years before Harbaugh's arrival, and Baalkes first draft was ballsy. Since then it's been hit and miss -- mostly miss. But it's tough to stay on top and draft well at the same time. Only a few teams have been able to do it successfully. The 49ers were one of those teams under Bill Walsh. The Patriots are another good example. But there aren't many.

Look at the team they've assembled in Oakland and realize just how long it took for that team to happen.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Also Roman was on the Hot seat not Harbaugh...

We had great veterans that were long in the tooth..it was going to happen sooner or later

Not staring this as fact but I remember having a conversation and said person providing proof that Harbaugh was extremely loyal to Roman and wouldn't budge.

I think the "leaks" we're true last year that he lost the team. It's was pretty obvious in the way we played the last half of the year. Harbaugh is a great coach but he can get to you. He wore out his welcome and didn't have the last word.
Jed should be paying us to attend the games! However, I love this team. I will be attending another game this season.
Originally posted by 49erChica:
If YOU wanna do it, go ahead. I'll be attending 3 more games this season to support our guys. I'm cheering regardless and gonna have fun doing it!!!

Clearly you don't want the team to get better.
Share 49ersWebzone