LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Thoughts and Opinions on this Franchise as a whole right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The team is shooting for a top pick.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The team is shooting for a top pick.

Watch us finish outside the Top 5 with no starting QB
[ Edited by thisisu on Nov 3, 2015 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by thisisu:
- Current team is bad. Will probably be worse next year
- We will go thru a couple coaches
- Kaepernick in 2016 doesn't matter to me. Our reputation as a Franchise will take a hit if he returns but all eyes on Top 5 draft pick in 2016

The main disconnect I see on this Forum: this is a roster lacking talent. I see posts arguing the coaches and ownership. This roster just isn't that good. Most of the gamble draft picks haven't materialized. Hyde and Reid are the only young significant difference makers. If Bowman doesn't recover and once Staley leaves, this Roster will be 1 Tier above Expansion Team status.
There definetly doesn't seem to be a "quick fix." The fact that guys like Tank and AA are on the bench most of the time is daming. The same can be said for guys like Brandon Thomas, especially when he plays back up to Devey. Marcus Martin is a push over and Pears is a turnstyle. I just dont see a "core " of any good young players.Moreover, even are good young players are more like potential pro-bowlers than All Pro or HOFers. Here is who I like out of the guys still in their first contract:

Tartt - Probowler in making?
Reid - Probowler, but concussions scare me
Hyde - Probowler, but also scares me. His running style does not make for a long career.
Lynch - Probowler in making?
AA - has shown flashes
Ward - is ok, but he really doesn't have a full time position in my opinion.

Out of everyone I listed, none of them show me the potential of our former rookies in Gore, Willis, Aldon, Goldson (maybe Tartt) and so on. We have a lot of work ahead and I haven't even talked about available coaches.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
There definetly doesn't seem to be a "quick fix." The fact that guys like Tank and AA are on the bench most of the time is daming. The same can be said for guys like Brandon Thomas, especially when he plays back up to Devey. Marcus Martin is a push over and Pears is a turnstyle. I just dont see a "core " of any good young players.Moreover, even are good young players are more like potential pro-bowlers than All Pro or HOFers. Here is who I like out of the guys still in their first contract:

Tartt - Probowler in making?
Reid - Probowler, but concussions scare me
Hyde - Probowler, but also scares me. His running style does not make for a long career.
Lynch - Probowler in making?
AA - has shown flashes
Ward - is ok, but he really doesn't have a full time position in my opinion.

Out of everyone I listed, none of them show me the potential of our former rookies in Gore, Willis, Aldon, Goldson (maybe Tartt) and so on. We have a lot of work ahead and I haven't even talked about available coaches.

Well said Oakland-Niner. More Draft classes will likely be our only option
The first thought that came to mind thinking about the franchise is that Charleton Heston GIF of him laughing.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
I'm curious to hear what's going through everyone's mind at this point.

What does everyone think of the Kap Situation, is he done now? is Tomsula going to remain the Coach after this season?

For me Currently, i feel like this is it for Kap either way, but i also think that this isn't all on him. The OL, and i feel like the coaching isn't helping him.

But really its going to come down to how Gabbert plays to see where they really stand, then again you can't base it off Gabbert, theres no expectations for him.

I'd feel a lot better if Hyde were still in, and healthy in this situation. I wish Tomsula would get a clue and know that Devey is killing this Line, as well as Pears.

Tiller needs to start, common sense. The Vernon Davis situation was expected, i'm not surprised there.

Tomsula needs to go, i hate to say it, but that guy doesn't have a clue, we need to start from scratch.

On sunday once again, this team will not look the same. with Gabbert, and Thomas, or who ever starts at RB.

I'm just lost for this team right now, i hate Jed York and Baalke, i love the team, but hate the Front Office with a passion. This stadium has not been good to us so far. and it's sad. We left Candlestick champions, and now are in Santa Clara as a damn joke.

So hard to show love to this team because i don't want to show any support towards the front office.

These players deserve better. This is a straight vent for me, i'm lost for this team, i will always still watch the games until i can't bear to watch a s**t show if it gets

to that point, i will wear my 49er gear, but i will never show support to Jed York ever! not until he fixes this mess. Not like he cares i know.

We went from a Top Contender to an Oakland Raider team of the last 12 years. Not sure how to feel anymore,

I feel like our 2004-2010 seasons were worse than this, which is why we should bounce back quicker than last time, but Tomsula isn't a good start to that.

Spend some damn good money on a coach Jed! You owe us a damn Winning team!

After seeing Kaep in week 2-4, I realized this is a tank/development year. The coaching staff seems to have that AAA mentality. The talent just isn't there on this roster. The best case is they play scrappy, keep it close, and someone makes a big play to go ahead. So, I've just been monitoring how the younger players and different units are performing. I'm looking for the parts that will be held over to join the next FA and draft class. They key need positions are: QB, ILB, OLB, 2xOL.

Whether or not Tomsula is HC, I'd like to see him somewhere in the organization. I think he could end up being a Bob McKittrick-type guy: coaches up cheaper talent to create scrappy and effective unit.

If they add coaches, I've always liked what Hue Jackson can do.
[ Edited by zonkers on Nov 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM ]
Ideally they hire a person to take over football operations from the team president. Let this person hire a GM, then they could hire a coach, then they assemble the coaching staff and then come up with a qb strategy and a rebuilding plan. It is time to move and start fresh. Let the new football people mold their own teammidentity without being stuck with holdovers in football operations.
This mess wouldn't be so bad if they didn't bring it upon themselves. The toughest thing to find in the NFL is a winning coach and the Yorks threw that away. I have no doubt that Coach would've fixed this team years before the Yorks could.
Ummmm... if you're a fan of the team you should know what the feelings are. Even Marvin49 is pissed.
As long as Jed York is behind the wheel we are effed.

im thinking CHAMPIONSHIP

Took the wait and see approach trying to give this team a chance, its just hard to believe in this FO anymore. It starts with the Yorks, we thought Jed was gonna be different but he is just as inept as his father. Management just uses people to get what they want and then tries to claim all credit for themselves (Yu, Harbs).

This team was very similar to the Broncos this past offseason in terms of feeling like a change had to be made in order to get over the top. The Broncos went out and replaced their old coaching staff with more top coaching, the niners seemed to lack a clear plan or direction in replacing Harbaugh. (Should of just promoted Fangio for consistency at least.) Elway is a bit of a blowhard but he makes the moves to put the best players available on his team. Baalke is trying to outsmart everyone and while it sometimes works it can also backfire like with our O-line and our ACL team.

Its becoming harder and harder to give this FO any credit, from a fans perspective its harder to overlook stocking up draft picks to miss on allot of them over spending the farm on big name FAs. Not saying we need the top FA on the market every year, just some proven replacements for positions of need if the rookies and ACL team aren't working out.

But again it all starts with York, if he wanted Harbaugh he would of kept Harbaugh and kicked Baalke to the curb. Instead he wanted to be the biggest name in the room, and here we are.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Nov 3, 2015 at 1:13 PM ]
The phrase "rudderless cruise ship" is the first thought the comes to me mind....
[ Edited by pete98146 on Nov 3, 2015 at 1:14 PM ]
This team is a result of Baalke. Plain and simple. Jed's mistake was to bet the franchise on the wrong horse.
Share 49ersWebzone