LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Talent-wise we're not far from competing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ozpat
  • Veteran
Who cares, the coaching staff have given up and are tying to position their 2016 trades.
We HAD talent.
Originally posted by theninermind:
You guys act like we weren't 12-4 with this exact same setup. No pass rush? Where was the pass rush in 2013 when Aldon missed most of the year? Kaep? Same guy. O-line? Hell, that can be fixed. Last year our D was the 3rd best in football. How is it much different from player standpoint? I understand the gloom. Hell, I'm feeling it myself big time. But this fail is on coaching. My biggest fear is that they don't recognize that. My biggest fear is this regime blows up the roster and gives Tomsula 1 or 2 more years.

As much as i was rooting for tomsula to succeed, we need a better coach, his door salesman experience isnt helping.
Talent? For real? Where?

OL - Nothing to be said
RB- Injured/suck
WR - Injured/suck
TE - Suck
DL - Mediocre
LB - Mediocre
DBs - Also suck

Where is all this talend everyone is seeing? This team is total garbage. From the FO to the coaches to the players.
funniest post ever
2 strong drafts and we can fill the holes. Sprinkle in a few good FA's and we have a competitive team.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Talent? For real? Where?

OL - Nothing to be said
RB- Injured/suck
WR - Injured/suck
TE - Suck
DL - Mediocre
LB - Mediocre
DBs - Also suck

Where is all this talend everyone is seeing? This team is total garbage. From the FO to the coaches to the players.

You probably thought we didn't have talent in 2010 when we went 6-10.
We are very far from competing talent wise. Very far.
This is the least talented team since the 2002 expansion Texans.

Bowman was only impressive when teams were double and triple-teaming Patrick Willis.

Patrick Willis is gone. Justin Smith is gone. Ray McDonald is gone. Isaac Sopoaga is gone. Aldon Smith is gone. Carlos Rogers is gone. Chris Culliver is gone. Donte Hitner is gone. Dashon Goldson is gone. Chris Borland is gone.

Offensively, Joe Staley is the only proven lineman, and he's not that good. Vernon turned into a hipster and was so bad he was traded for a 6th round pick or whatever. Anquan Boldin is old and slow. Torrey Smith is a one trick deep threat pony. Think Ashley Lelie. Frank Gore is gone. Carlos Hyde is hurt.

Only Colin Kaepernick is an elite talent, but since he was surrounded by this, he's being benched the same way Steve Young was during the Eagles game in 1994. The difference is, Young had Jerry Rice and Ricky Watters.
Originally posted by theninermind:
Over the last half of the season we're going to see this defense is loaded with talent. We've seen it all season. We're being out schemed, but not out played. We have a ton of exciting young talent. Arik Armstead, Aaron Lynch, Quinton Dial, Tramaine Brock, Kenneth Acker, Jaquiski Tartt, Jimmie Ward, Eric Reid. They're getting valuable playing time. Navarro Bowman is leading this D and getting dang good. Hodges will gel. Tank Carradine... There's not a position I'm not interested in seeing how they develop and work.

Even the offense has men to build on. Kaepernick led us from 18 points down to get to a Suprr Bowl. Carlos Hyde is a star. Torry Smith is dang good. Staley, Anthony Davis, Daniel Kilgore. There are four interesting young wideouts. They just can't continue to screw up their coaching staffs. I have hope. But we must have good coaching

This is true, we have some good young players on D, one all-pro, a LT, and a pretty good RB - a ton of cap space

we really need a new coaching staff

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Somewhere, Cody Pickett is laughing his a$$ off.

Ken Dorsey is probably flexing.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Like how far?

2020? or further?
Originally posted by Jimbutsu:
This is the least talented team since the 2002 expansion Texans.

Bowman was only impressive when teams were double and triple-teaming Patrick Willis.

Patrick Willis is gone. Justin Smith is gone. Ray McDonald is gone. Isaac Sopoaga is gone. Aldon Smith is gone. Carlos Rogers is gone. Chris Culliver is gone. Donte Hitner is gone. Dashon Goldson is gone. Chris Borland is gone.

Offensively, Joe Staley is the only proven lineman, and he's not that good. Vernon turned into a hipster and was so bad he was traded for a 6th round pick or whatever. Anquan Boldin is old and slow. Torrey Smith is a one trick deep threat pony. Think Ashley Lelie. Frank Gore is gone. Carlos Hyde is hurt.

Only Colin Kaepernick is an elite talent, but since he was surrounded by this, he's being benched the same way Steve Young was during the Eagles game in 1994. The difference is, Young had Jerry Rice and Ricky Watters.

you don't remember teams like '04, '05 then. Those teams had zero talent on them. The only talent they had was an aging BY and an out of place Julian Peterson.
The glass is half full
Originally posted by Crown:

Like how far?

2020? or further?

About that. 5 years rebuild. I expect to be really bad for 2 - 3 years. Moderate for another 2. Probably 4 - 5 years rebuild. 2019 or 2020 we could turn the corner with a new coach and new GM and Jed and John and Denise admitting their mistakes.
Share 49ersWebzone