There are 222 users in the forums

RB Shaun Draughn

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Stud:
I was impressed with him. It could be because we were so bad offensively that he seemed good

That can happen with bad teams and RBs.

Nothing else works so 2.5 ypc looks good relative to everything else.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM ]
Happy and optimistic for Draugh. Precamp contract may not guarantee him on the roster when the season starts. If they find more RB into camp and the talent level rises. There's a chance Draughn may be cut due to limited number per position.
As NC mentioned just earlier, chip has said he likes a 4th RB on STs, and in our case and history ,that is really good thinking, for a guy who uses his RBs a lot.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
As NC mentioned just earlier, chip has said he likes a 4th RB on STs, and in our case and history ,that is really good thinking, for a guy who uses his RBs a lot.

Bodes well for Hayne, Harris, and Draughn -- all three have worked on STs in their carrer, but Hayne's really going to have to earn his spot. I like Harris a lot as a runner and he's got some return skills. Draughn is more of a coverage guy and solid backup runner. Hayne is just scratching the surface in the return game and general RB skills. We'll see what kind of leap he makes this off-season, but the arrow is up.

Will be interesting to see who we add in the draft. Baalke ALWAYS gets a RB. If we pick a small-schooler, I'm a big fan of Marshaun Coprich out of Illinois State.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 4, 2016 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Bodes well for Hayne, Harris, and Draughn -- all three have worked on STs in their carrer, but Hayne's really going to have to earn his spot. I like Harris a lot as a runner and he's got some return skills. Draughn is more of a coverage guy and solid backup runner. Hayne is just scratching the surface in the return game and general RB skills. We'll see what kind of leap he makes this off-season, but the arrow is up.

Will be interesting to see who we add in the draft. Baalke ALWAYS gets a RB. If we pick a small-schooler, I'm a big fan of Marshaun Coprich out of Illinois State.

Truth. Can't wait!
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hope we pick up,guys for OL and DL first cause that's we need the strength, FA another RB,if need but not waste a draft pick on a RB
Draughn received a $25K signing bonus, $50K week 1 roster bonus for making 53-man roster,$25K workout bonus, and a $50K NLTBE incentive for receptions.
Jennifer Chan ‏@jenniferleechan 57s57 seconds ago

Modkins sees Shaun Draughn as a similar type of catching back as Theo Riddick.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ten-observations-49ers-otas/

Point 10 Matt says Draughn seems the favorite to win the job as Hydes backup. Maybe Harris is favored to be the PR? Fumbling?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Draughn isn't winning no backup spot when the season begin.. dont you know that Baalke loves to keep his picks, especially the one from SOUTH CAROLINA???

Davis will be the main backup and expect Kelly to sign a Scatback because Hyde nor Davis aren't the pass catching backs that Kelly loves in his system..

Draughn was the only one being productive for us. I like the dude
Originally posted by 9moon:
Draughn isn't winning no backup spot when the season begin.. dont you know that Baalke loves to keep his picks, especially the one from SOUTH CAROLINA???

Davis will be the main backup and expect Kelly to sign a Scatback because Hyde nor Davis aren't the pass catching backs that Kelly loves in his system..

That difference in thinking between Baalke and Kelly gonna be interesting.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

I still think Ellington would make a good scat back, but reports coming out of OTAs seem to suggest he's making a great case for himself as WR2, so I don't know if they'd want to line him up in the backfield.
Originally posted by frenz:

I still think Ellington would make a good scat back, but reports coming out of OTAs seem to suggest he's making a great case for himself as WR2, so I don't know if they'd want to line him up in the backfield.

Burbridge is making a good case as slot receiver.
Originally posted by frenz:

Burbridge is making a good case as slot receiver.
Would be great to see a rookie step up, and based on his college days he has great hands.
Share 49ersWebzone