LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Reasons to keep watching the Niners for the rest of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SMAUG
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I love football. This team sucks so bad but i'll still watch.

You don't see comments like this too often, but agreed
Originally posted by SMAUG:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I love football. This team sucks so bad but i'll still watch.

You don't see comments like this too often, but agreed

I figure its presumed since we take the time to sign up for. 49er forum.
I followed Hayne to both the NFL and the Niners. I purchased the follow your team gamepass option after Hayne survived TC and I (mostly) knew the risks going in. I knew that he may not make the final 53 but I believed in his ability enough to bank on him making at least the PS. I was prepared to watch the season to learn the game in hopes he made the team the following year. Well, we all know what actually happened.

Anyway, regardless of whether Hayne is here or goes to another team, I feel as though I need to be watching other teams to get a decent idea of how proper football and scheming/play calling should look. As inexperienced as I am, it's blatantly obvious this team is pretty bloody bad right now and whoever is calling the shots seems reluctant to really shake things up.

It's really a shame because me and I'm sure many other aussies were thinking Hayne had found his way to a marquee club with a winning pedigree. It sure had it once, but it's been lost somewhere along the way. Sad really.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Can someone tell me what is the team mascot for the 49ers? is everyone sure its not an eel ?

The way this franshise is being run I am starting to wonder....

Mascot is sourdough sam. Looks like me in the summertime.

I've never been able to post pics here, Google is your friend.

LOL @ frozen49er

Originally posted by Zealot:
I followed Hayne to both the NFL and the Niners. I purchased the follow your team gamepass option after Hayne survived TC and I (mostly) knew the risks going in. I knew that he may not make the final 53 but I believed in his ability enough to bank on him making at least the PS. I was prepared to watch the season to learn the game in hopes he made the team the following year. Well, we all know what actually happened.

Anyway, regardless of whether Hayne is here or goes to another team, I feel as though I need to be watching other teams to get a decent idea of how proper football and scheming/play calling should look. As inexperienced as I am, it's blatantly obvious this team is pretty bloody bad right now and whoever is calling the shots seems reluctant to really shake things up.

It's really a shame because me and I'm sure many other aussies were thinking Hayne had found his way to a marquee club with a winning pedigree. It sure had it once, but it's been lost somewhere along the way. Sad really.

It was just 2 years ago we were a top 2 or 3 in the league.

You wanna see football played at a high level? Check this game out(game starts 27 minutes in):

This one as well:
[ Edited by Niners816 on Nov 1, 2015 at 11:22 PM ]
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Moover:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Can someone tell me what is the team mascot for the 49ers? is everyone sure its not an eel ?

The way this franshise is being run I am starting to wonder....

Mascot is sourdough sam. Looks like me in the summertime.

I've never been able to post pics here, Google is your friend.

LOL @ frozen49er

Worst mascot ever.

Designs to strike fear ?
Just root for the players you like. It's a longshot now but I'd like to see Q get another 1k season.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I will continue to watch for the lulz. Like running three straight times up the middle against a stout front 4 to get a safety- lol. Kap air mailing throws - lol. Kap ground shipping throws - lol. Safeties that don't understand pursuit angles - lol. Punting so often that the punter gets injured - lol. I still love the team and there's no stress when they suck. I am entertained.

It wasn't just that they were stout but that they were selling out to stop the run so much that they didn't even pretend to cover our WR's. How did the coaching staff not see that?
I'm just as Randy Quaid in Major League 2 only difference is I knew they suck before Harbaugh officially "part aways". This was my reaction

[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Nov 1, 2015 at 11:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
It was just 2 years ago we were a top 2 or 3 in the league.

You wanna see football played at a high level? Check this game out(game starts 27 minutes in):

This one as well:

Cheers mate.

Every loss is an arrow to york's ego, and that makes me happy.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Cheers mate.

Enjoy...,that team from super bowl 24 is the 1989 49ers, they are universally regarded as one of the greatest teams of all time. We competed for titles and where a top 5 team annually from 1981-1998. We had a couple of good years in the '00s (2001-02) and had a bad 8 years til 2011. We had a great run from 2011-13. This is what pisses most of us off, it's the premature nature of the unraveling of that most recent run. It was just bull s**t.

Basically what we did in the 80s and 90s is what the patriots are doing now. However, we did it in a top heavy league that had absolute stacked teams because there was no salary cap. Top Teams were just better back then.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Nov 2, 2015 at 12:20 AM ]
To see how many more teams just start leaving receivers uncovered because they know Kap is terrible and dumb.
Through a season there are ups and downs. Triumphs against adversity. Kicks in the guts. Moments of frustration. Feint glimmers of hope. Elation. Anger and deep depression. After the losses mount up you reach a point where you say, "it can't get worse". Statistically it can get alot worse, but emotionally I feel like this is it. we are at the bottom. the only way is up.

The bar hasn't been set low,... it's lying on the ground.

At the stage we're at now ,
kap getting benched and gabbert stinking it up
is at worst just the status quo and potentially a positive sign that every option is being evaluated.

It's good to root for the underdog, but when you have already booked the underdog in to the veterinary to be put to sleep,
and the underdog finds some fight , well then that's my! underdog.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
If your a true fan you never stop watching.

This. It's like you still have this little bit of hope that somehow we find our way, everything clicks and Colin goes to his 2012 form and dominates...
Share 49ersWebzone