LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 189 users in the forums

If Bush and Davis Did Suffer Season-Ending Injuries, Who Should Replace Them?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do any of the above listed have previous injuries i.e acl tears id stay well away..
Glen Coffee
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Is Shonn Greene still available??
Bruce Ellington. We barely use him at WR, he has the build/speed/quickness for it, and I assume he'd be a decent receiver out of the backfield.

Then Trent Richardson. Who needs vision if there are no holes to run through? He's 25 and built like Lynch. I wouldn't mind seeing if he can develop into something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pierre Thomas would be a decent 3rd down RB too. I can't imagine us bringing in Ray Rice when we're competing for a top draft pick and it would make York look like a hypocrite. Why would a team alienate part of their fan base for a RB who isn't that good, especially if that team has no shot at making the playoffs?
Bring in Ray Rice, f**k it
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I don't know what was wrong with Pierre Thomas to begin with? Last he played his stats were totally solid. So, go and sign him.

Take Monte Ball too and get Jarryd Hayne back. Who the hell is going to return your kicks and punts now? Ellington? That guy is made of glass too.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Bruce Ellington. We barely use him at WR, he has the build/speed/quickness for it, and I assume he'd be a decent receiver out of the backfield.

Then Trent Richardson. Who needs vision if there are no holes to run through? He's 25 and built like Lynch. I wouldn't mind seeing if he can develop into something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pierre Thomas would be a decent 3rd down RB too. I can't imagine us bringing in Ray Rice when we're competing for a top draft pick and it would make York look like a hypocrite. Why would a team alienate part of their fan base for a RB who isn't that good, especially if that team has no shot at making the playoffs?

Originally posted by Ike49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Of that list, is there any reason why Jayred Hayne wouldn't be a better option?

Because he's played football for 5 months and can't pass block

What's that matter, we have O-lineman that have been playing for years that can't pass block. So obviously that isn't a requirement.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not with balkee
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
psst...I just heard a young rookie from Australia is on a waiver list.

his stats show promise in regular season with "real bullets" and limited touches as you would expect for a rookie

8 caries at RB for 25 yards and with a with an average 3.1 and that is three times more yards then current rookie RB Davis.

Has Dropped a ball on debut = bad nerves and then was hit by his own player and fumbled a PR = rookie error.

At RB he has made every third down he has been given, When given snaps at RB has never dropped a ball or a catch.

claims of missing a blitz block confirmed as wrong on further tape review by the all pro veterans of this forum.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jarrydhayne/2553117/profile

• Marty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:
psst...I just heard a young rookie from Australia is on a waiver list.

his stats show promise in regular season with "real bullets" and limited touches as you would expect for a rookie

8 caries at RB for 25 yards and with a with an average 3.1 and that is three times more yards then current rookie RB Davis.

Has Dropped a ball on debut = bad nerves and then was hit by his own player and fumbled a PR = rookie error.

At RB he has made every third down he has been given, When given snaps at RB has never dropped a ball or a catch.

claims of missing a blitz block confirmed as wrong on further tape review by the all pro veterans of this forum.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jarrydhayne/2553117/profile

Nah mate, the guy's got too many fans. We prefer someone who has no fans.
[ Edited by Marty on Nov 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not with balkee

Last time rice played football he was averaging like 3.0 yards a carry. Plus he can f**k himself for hitting women.
What's that matter, we have O-lineman that have been playing for years that can't pass block. So obviously that isn't a requirement.

Maybe hiring coaches that could teach him how to pass block could be an option. Jarryd is a smart guy, just needs good coaching/
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say give Hayne a nice ending season story..

the guy is only getting paid $100k, he's done and beat out everyone that went against him, so why can't he get the shot that he deserve!?

why not give him the starting position and see..
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Gets injured getting out of the Limo
Share 49ersWebzone