LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

If Bush and Davis Did Suffer Season-Ending Injuries, Who Should Replace Them?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Assuming Reggie Bush and Mike Davis both suffered season ending injuries as has been reported, AND we are unable to get Hayne back off waivers, who do we sign or trade for to replace them? Pierre Thomas is one name being thrown around, who I wouldn't mind bringing in either.

Other suggestions:

* Terrell Watson, Cincinnati (Practice Squad) - This is player who I thought could sneak into the 7th round and get drafted. Power running back who had some upside. In the pre-season, he had 25 carries for 130 yards (5.2 yards per carry).

* Trent Richardson, Free Agent - He was a first round bust, but he's a body, and better than Gaskins

* Montee Ball, Free Agent - Another bust, but he's someone who can play the position.

* Donald Brown, Free Agent - Experienced veteran who last played wit San Diego. Wouldn't be bad depth.

* Ray Rice, Free Agent - I put him on here because I know someone will mention it, but let's be honest, this will never happen, and it shouldn't.

* Travaris Cadet, Free Agent - Was on the Patriots roster to start the regular season but got cut so they could add a linebacker. He's got speed and can return kicks too.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM ]
Ray rice is the only talent that's good...
  • Ike49
Of that list, is there any reason why Jayred Hayne wouldn't be a better option?
Ray Rice
Originally posted by Ike49:

Because he's played football for 5 months and can't pass block
  • Ike49
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What's that matter, we have O-lineman that have been playing for years that can't pass block. So obviously that isn't a requirement.

What's that matter, we have O-lineman that have been playing for years that can't pass block. So obviously that isn't a requirement.

I would sign both Ball and Watson.

Sure might as well throw some more poop on the pile of crap that is SF 💩...doesn't matter anyway lol.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Steven Jackson, Peyton Hillis, Pierre Thomas and like you mentioned, Trent Richardson.
Jeremy Stewart, LaMike James. Baalke type signings.

Valid point.
Pierre Thomas would be one of my picks. Maybe Ball too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pierre Thomas would be one of my picks. Maybe Ball too.

If it were me, I'd take Pierre Thomas and Watson from Cincinnati -- if he wants to sign -- as Watson does not have to if we make an offer.
Share 49ersWebzone