LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Rooting for better draft position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Jenkins was 31st

But Baalke and Scotty have definitely nailed so many picks in the top 20 it's great. Even Stanley was a great pick after 20 and manny Lawson was solid as hell. Still pretty good in buffalo.
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 3, 2015 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Where in the first round was he drafted?

I think it was New York.

Saw a breakdown somewhere showing Baalke was actually equally successful in each area--top picks, midrounds, and late--if you take into account the overall likelihood finding a good player. This was compared with the league in general. But I've hoped for trade-ups every year. Would be a good time to have five or six picks in the top three rounds! Even if it cost all the rest of the draft.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
It's a crap shoot no matter where u draft. But it's a fact that the higher the pick the more likely you are to draft a superstar. I hate losing more then anyone but at this point the losses hurt less if gabbert and the young guys play good. Just thinking about the future. Still would never hope they lose. Just looking on the bright side.

Yeah at higher picks you can actually luck into an obvious choice. Some of these guys never pan out but at the top you usually have a chance at guys who have impressed in college and have super potential/athletic ability.

What usually ends up leading to failure for a lot of these guys is that sometimes teams get too excited about potential/athletic ability and some of these guys don't want to work once they're in the NFL where their athletic ability isn't setting them apart from their competition.
I just hope the other teams in the top 5 get some wins too, that way the 49ers can win and still get a good pick.
I'm more of the mind now losing to fire Tomsula. I don't watch another unprepared team next year
id rather have a better draft pick
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Losing week after week demoralizes a team , I would rather see them go into the off season with some hope and momentum!

Hope and monentum.

hope and momentum will be long forgotten by next august. hope comes when your lame ass coach gets fired and you hire a competent coaching staff, it also comes when your team has tons of cap space and goes out to get important pieces to show the team and its fans it is trying to win, not justmake money on homerism
Share 49ersWebzone