LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Rooting for better draft position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
These idiots will screw up our draft position by winning meaningless games at the end of the season against teams sitting their starters

But but but that would mean we finished on a high note going into next season
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGod:
But but but that would mean we finished on a high note going into next season

Emotional wins for tomsula
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Baalke will just trade it back for a safety and a 7th rounder used on an acl tear

Very likely

Lol this. At this point it hard to find any positives on this team except losing and hopefully getting some new talent including using our cap space.
The team will have to build through the draft ala the way they did the Scotty Mac days if they want to become a factor. Trade whoever you can before the deadline and load up on as much picks as you can get
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Nov 1, 2015 at 5:29 PM ]
Get Vernon Schufflefeet Davis t f out of here.

We need olinemen. Did you see the raider game? Their oline gives Carr plenty of time.
I don't think we have to root for the Niners to keep losing...they'll do it well enough on their own. I'm among the more optimistic posters in this forum, but I'm fed up with what I'm seeing. So, in my mind the best thing for the future of the team is a clean sweep after this season. That means a new GM, HC/coaching staff and a lot of new/better players. Along with that, it's looking more & more like we'll be drafting early, maybe the top 5. So, the mission should be to play as many of the younger players as possible, make some trades and by all means stockpile as many draft picks as possible. Jed needs to give the new GM and HC the flexibility to acquire as many good players as they can.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I dont think we have to root for it.

Lol true
Tank for Tank!
I been rooting for a good draft pick since game 1. After game 1 i was so shocked they won but i knew it had to be a fluke and it it turned out to be one.
Never root for your team to lose.

Originally posted by Mike8016:
I been rooting for a good draft pick since game 1. After game 1 i was so shocked they won but i knew it had to be a fluke and it it turned out to be one.

Ditto - I was laughing in the offseason at the fans who kept saying we were going to have a winning record. I was not happy that we beat the Ravens. I don't think we need to tank to get a top 5 pick, but I wouldn't mind if we start Gabbert to guarantee we don't win more than 4 games this year. NBA teams do this all the time (hold healthy players out with fake injuries to improve their draft position). It make more sense in the NBA because a player like Lebron can set your franchise up for a decade, but there's not much upside in having Kaepernick get killed behind our offensive line this season.
How the crap are we slotted for the 9th pick? We have the toughest schedule...wouldn't that place is higher? I must be missing something.
If Baalke is still the one making the picks then whats the difference where the 49ers pick?

2010 coulda had Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas and ended up with Iupati
2012 coulda had Alshon Jeffryey and ended up with AJ Jenkins
2013 Coulda had Tyler Eifert and ended up with Erica Reid, Coulda had Zack Ertz ended up with Tank,Vance Mac and Lemonier LOL
2014 Coulda had Bradly Roby/Derek Carr ended up with Ward
Where the hell are the happy positive guys. And what happened to that pilbusta guy ?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Where the hell are the happy positive guys. And what happened to that pilbusta guy ?

I am/ was one of the positive guys.

I can even handle losing during a rebuild - what I can't handle is the incompetence at all levels being displayed right now...
Share 49ersWebzone