LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

The key to fixing the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Paraag using hypnosis? I mean how long does it take for them to wake up.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is Paraag using hypnosis? I mean how long does it take for them to wake up.

The same people who were delusional that this team would be a playoff team also seem to have the same delusions that the Yorks actually care about winning even though all the evidence makes it very clear that is not a priority for them.

Did Jed just grow some balls?

More importantly did John just grow some balls?

Even more importantly did Denise just grow some balls?

Now they only need find someone well respected in NFL circles to be president.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Would former Raider's exec Amy Trask be a good addition to the front office?

By the way the point of this thread still remains.
Look people make plenty of excuses for Trent's failures, but in the end he has one job, one. That job is to keep the roster stacked with talent. Thats it, I build homes, when the boss gives me plans and schedule, regardless of what happens between the day we sat, and the day we turn the keys over to the owner. I have to be done, period. If I consistently miss dead lines, I will lose my job, doesn't matter if the f**king dog ate my blue prints, thats my problem.

Trent has had time to do his job, and simply hasn't, no excuses, other GM's have stocked rosters, and built or maintained teams, Trent hasn't.

Fire him, now, and the rest of the front office should go to, at the very least.

Call Carmin, and Eddie, Steve, Joe, and Jerry, sit them down, make a list of top football guys, call all of them, and hire a new team President.

Let the new team president pick the new GM, let the two of them handle EVERY football related decision.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Look people make plenty of excuses for Trent's failures, but in the end he has one job, one. That job is to keep the roster stacked with talent. Thats it, I build homes, when the boss gives me plans and schedule, regardless of what happens between the day we sat, and the day we turn the keys over to the owner. I have to be done, period. If I consistently miss dead lines, I will lose my job, doesn't matter if the f**king dog ate my blue prints, thats my problem.

Trent has had time to do his job, and simply hasn't, no excuses, other GM's have stocked rosters, and built or maintained teams, Trent hasn't.

Fire him, now, and the rest of the front office should go to, at the very least.

Call Carmin, and Eddie, Steve, Joe, and Jerry, sit them down, make a list of top football guys, call all of them, and hire a new team President.

Let the new team president pick the new GM, let the two of them handle EVERY football related decision.

Not the way the York's do business
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I build homes, when the boss gives me plans and schedule, regardless of what happens between the day we sat, and the day we turn the keys over to the owner. I have to be done, period. If I consistently miss dead lines, I will lose my job, doesn't matter if the f**king dog ate my blue prints, thats my problem.

The 49ers analogy is that Jed builds homes too. He spends a couple of grand on some plywood, nails and paint and builds something that looks pretty good from a distance. Then he drops a bit more on a really fancy brochure and to recoup his losses he rents the shell out for a few days to some rockstars to shoot a music video or two before the owners move in. Then he shows you the house, points out how it looks exactly the same as the brochure on the outside, takes your money and laughs all the way to the bank. Then you come back and buy another house from him next year when this one falls over in a stiff breeze.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
The key to fixing the 49ers is to hold the owner accountable for the product on the field, just like Jed asked for. How do you hold him accountable? By not supporting the product. Don't buy the gear and don't go to the games. Oh, and the occasional banner flown over the stadium.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
We need this guy to buy the 49ers LOL

Not rich enough.
This thread was so perfect in many ways I thought it was just posted today and then I saw 2015 and I remembered reading it back then. Here we are today in the exact same freaking situation.

• Jasta
  • Veteran
The key is simple. You use what we like to call in my family "The Money Gun". They come in many different calibers and accuracy is a big plus but if you have enough ammunition you can solve just about anything with it.

The Yorks are not short of ammunition. They need to suck it up, break out the M-100 "Benjamin" Self Loading Artillery and drop some serious danger close on the best people in the league. Firing the problem and hiring his backup isn't going to cut it.
Originally posted by Jasta:
The key is simple. You use what we like to call in my family "The Money Gun". They come in many different calibers and accuracy is a big plus but if you have enough ammunition you can solve just about anything with it.

The Yorks are not short of ammunition. They need to suck it up, break out the M-100 "Benjamin" Self Loading Artillery and drop some serious danger close on the best people in the league. Firing the problem and hiring his backup isn't going to cut it.

Yah
IMO at this point it will take a change in ownership, which is highly unlikely, or Jed will have to step out of the spotlight after he hires a knowledgeable football person, which is also highly unlikely. His ego will not let him make either choice because he doesn't think he is the problem.
Denise will have to step in and make an executive decision and take away the keys to the kingdom. Although Jed has been successful in terms of building the 49er's brand, the on the field product has taken a hit to the point that they have to overpay people to work here. That falls on Jed's shoulders and the culture he has created here.
They won't ever be fixed with our ownership. I've come to accept it. I'm moving on for now. The NFL has become too political, and no I don't really mean Kaepernick. Too many ads. I already felt questionable about watching due to the fact most of these guys are going to have brains of mush and/or be disabled physically. I doubt I'd be watching even if we were winning. This is the first year in over 20 years I haven't watched every game and honestly it feels pretty good.
Share 49ersWebzone