LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

First Move of Many............

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First & most important move the 49ers must make, & make correctly:

York needs to make one single move: Hire a Football Sage to over see ALL Football Operations & be the New Face of the 49ers............

1) This position, (Senior President of Football Operations), would leap over Ballke & Marathe, and report directly to York's. Ballke would report directly to new Football Sage.
2) Must have successful NFL Football Experience.
3) Must have experience with Media & Public Relations.
4) Must have a clear vision & philosophy of the Entire Big Picture of a Football Operation.
5) My personal belief is that this Sage should have a strong offensive background.

I do not think our top management have enough football experience, nor enough experience with good Public Relations......... York's could step back from the heat of the spot lights, and have a much stronger Football & PR man to run All Football Operations & be the Face of the 49ers with the Media.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking someone like Steve Young, John Elway of Bronco's, or younger John Madden - John McVay ............

Since I think the York's here to stay, hope they step back & find a Great Football Sage to over see 49ers Football!!!!!!!!!
Young would be interesting. Question is, does he want to do it?
Originally posted by jreff22:

I could deal with Young as well, but yes would he want to? I don't question his love for the 49ers. I question his ability to tolerate the nonsense he may have to endure.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I could deal with Young as well, but yes would he want to? I don't question his love for the 49ers. I question his ability to tolerate the nonsense he may have to endure.

The problem is contacts. Does he have relationships with current FO types? Same issue with bringing back Eddie. If you aren't plugged in its hard to map out who to get.
Well, make him an offer he can't refuse :)))
Make him a Jerry West kinda offer, like the Warriors did. Be Bold...... $$$ plus a token ownership % if and when he turned things around.
Share 49ersWebzone