LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Game #8 - The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
The Good:
- 49ers converted more 3rd downs than the Rams (3 to 1)
- zero turnovers for the 49ers offense

The Bad:
- There were only two things that were good.

The Ugly:
- Everything about this team and its current direction.

Nice summary. It's basically the same things each week.

Some might call this a pattern or a large enough batch to make personnel decisions, as some coaches tend to do around the league.

For once I'd like to see JT act like a coach. He just stands there looking dumbfounded and gives canned answers for everything.

Can we really not decide whether to start Tiller or Devey? Let's forget about building chemistry and have them rotate all year. The wrong decision is still better than indecision.

I'm a Kaepernick fan, but he's been horrendous this year and isn't seeing the field. Gabbert is the better option right now. I can't stand him, but it's the right move for this team.

Tomsula, the time is now to become a head coach.
Originally posted by agumby:
i thought simpson did well with his opportunities

Me too, but why was he getting all those targets? Simpson had Janoris covering him. What about Torrey?
Originally posted by agumby:
i thought simpson did well with his opportunities
Disagree. On one occasion he put the ball almost in defender's hands, on another opportunity Kaep made a very good throw right in over his defender and Simpson could not catch the pretty catchable ball.
Originally posted by strickac:
Can we really not decide whether to start Tiller or Devey? Let's forget about building chemistry and have them rotate all year. The wrong decision is still better than indecision.
Tiller is not a ZBS-guy?
Nice summary. It's basically the same things each week.

Some might call this a pattern or a large enough batch to make personnel decisions, as some coaches tend to do around the league.

For once I'd like to see JT act like a coach. He just stands there looking dumbfounded and gives canned answers for everything.

I'm a Kaepernick fan, but he's been horrendous this year and isn't seeing the field. Gabbert is the better option right now. I can't stand him, but it's the right move for this team.

Tomsula, the time is now to become a head coach.

Me too. I can't hate the guy, because he puts in more time and effort than anyone I've seen, but if he can't see enough of the field to allow the OC to employ 2-3 route concepts, the guy can't play.
Originally posted by communist:
Tiller is not a ZBS-guy?

still probably needs to lose some weight to help his lateral mobility. I'd still make the switch, though. Devey is horrible.
Originally posted by captveg:
The good: closer to firing coaching staff and benching Kap

please!!!!
Nothing good. This is a Badly Coached Team with Bad Players and even worse Ownership /Mangement.
[ Edited by sanjo49er on Nov 1, 2015 at 3:09 PM ]
good- BAL, TB, and HOU win putting us higher in the draft
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
The coaching is very ugly. Not just conservative but cowardly.

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
how many yards 49ers get from yellow flags guy ?

maybe they sign him up for next week at RB?
Tiller is not a ZBS-guy?
Well Devey in not a blocking guy.
Good...haha, that's funny.
Tiller is not a ZBS-guy?

I haven't seen much zone blocking since the Minnesota game. We go straight forward (in concept). Devey can't play in any scheme. NE is still laughing about that one
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 1, 2015 at 4:12 PM ]
The Good - A lot of the young guys on defense played well. Armstead, Harold, Acker Ward. I also thought Bowman looked better. Also I liked seeing DJ getting some playing time. Hope to see him more

The Bad - just about everything else. I have been a fan of Kap since he's been here, but at this point I think I would let Gabbert play atleast 1 game and see how our offense looks. The worst that happens is Kap loses confidence but at this point it seems his confidence can't get any lower and he can't get much worse so I don't see much downside to playing Gabbert.

The Ugly - all the injuries and our RB depth. Looks like we will be signing a RB this week, Gaskens has no business being anything more than a PS player.
Share 49ersWebzone