LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

What is the biggest reason for our demise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the biggest reason for our demise?

To actually answer this seriously - the guy winning the pole is absolutely the reason.

Otherwise a little bit of everything.

Losing and entire coaching staff and then basically every defensive star the past 5 years combined with the schedule we faced... yeah i think I initially predicted 4-5 wins then tried to hype myself up.
  • Veteran
I hold the Yorks responsible for the demise of this franchise. It's their team and their decisions for the past decade and half that caused this mess.
Jed because he has all the control, second Marathe and then Baalke.
I'm going with the players we lost, but barely. It's really a perfect storm of losing players at key positions (pass rush, OL), not hiring the right coaching staff to coach the new players, and Kap continuing to regress.

The silver lining is that it is so bad some change has to happen. The problem with that is will management be able to hire the right guys this time? Not looking so good there.
Harbaugh departure end thread
pathetic fanbase
hayne!
Funny how Jed and Baalke were geniuses when the 9ers were winning.

That said, this is a tough year.

Next year, the deadwood will be gone:

Pears
Martin
Devey (a ham sandwich would be better)
Carradine
Lemonier
Bush

With the worst NFL O-line in years the team is going nowhere.

Might as well play the youth:
Armstead
Brown
Harold

Evaluate Gabbert.

The good news is there are some good young players to build around and some cap room.

The sooner the 9ers face reality the better.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it was the day KAEPERNICK thought he was a MEGA STAR and wore that DOLPHIN cap, and no one in the team had BALLS to set him straight!!!
Maybe the Warriors owners can buy out the Yorks ... I wish I was only dreaming.

We're probably going to lose out. 3 winnable games left on the schedule against Bears, Browns, Lions...but they're all on the road.

At least we'll get our pick of top prospects in the draft.
No way Niners win any of those winnable games. They clearly are worst organization and team in football. Way to go twirp boy Jed, a laughingstock the year of hosting SB 50. What an incompetent hand me down twit!!
Without pointing the finger at the staff or Jed, who's a complete moron, our biggest problem is the Oline. If they were playing well we'd be running the ball effectively and it would open up the pass game. A better offense would finally give the defense a rest. It propels everything.
Starts from the top down, JED all the way. Then in the midst of a wait and see year for Baalke… he's next to blame. They settled on this staff and roster. It was gonna be a hard year regardless because of the losses but it could of been alleviated with some moves that weren't made.

As long as the Yorks own the Niners, this team will not be able to maintain success. There will be spurts of it here and there, but the Yorks are kings of destroying this franchise by always putting their fingerprints on it.
Everything.

s**t rolls downhill and it starts with the Yorks.

Eddie's sister should have never taking control of the team away from him.
Share 49ersWebzone