LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

What is the biggest reason for our demise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the biggest reason for our demise?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i killed a rams fan in the candlestick bathroom one time, this is probably karma. sorry guys.
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i killed a rams fan in the candlestick bathroom one time, this is probably karma. sorry guys.

pictures / video or it didn't happen
Jed. He said he was accountable.

If it was over beer or a good looking chic, it's only a misdemeanor anyways.
Three reasons, in the order of importance:

1. The Yorks
2. The Yorks
3. The Yorks.

There, the reasons of demise.
A lot of these choices are related. I picked Jed because he forced Harbaugh and Aldon Smith out, no decent coaches wanted to come here, and we didn't spend money to bring in free agents other than Torrey Smith. York was in some ways the catalyst for all this and made it worse. Baalke deserves some blame because we've done a terrible job drafting the past few years and the result is a roster with very little talent. If we don't lose Iupati and Davis, the offensive line doesn't suck nearly as much. The offensive line is terrible, but it's up to the GM, coaching staff, and owner to bring in or develop talented players at every position.

The biggest reason our team sucks is that we lost a lot of good players and didn't replace them with talented players in the draft or good free agents. The coaching staff is secondary to that. We have one of the least talented rosters in the NFL and we also have a below average coaching staff.
In this order imho, from biggest to least:

1. Jed 2. Balky n his s**t drafts. 3. The players that were lost. 4. Harbaugh fired. 5. Bungled hiring/interview process 6. Incompetent subsequent coaching hires.

Most that I named were on Jed, hence he is #1.
Not one thing in particular, just too many things adding up at once. Pretty unprecedented situation.
Basically getting rid of Harbaugh, notwithstanding him being a PIA, without a viable plan to replace him with someone at least equal or close to the task of HC.

Is that some kind of gay slang?

Jed York and it is NOT close as far as what is 2nd place.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Jed. He said he was accountable.

Now he says he doesn't talk to the media during the year. Despite last year and all his talking. LOL. Looks like he doesn't want to face the music.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The players we lost

This. But did we lose the players because they knew we'd be trash again without harbaugh?
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The players we lost

This. But did we lose the players because they knew we'd be trash again without harbaugh?

No. Link me one quote from Willis, Justin etc saying this. And, by the way, I see you are forgetting last year under HarRoman.
I give all the blame to Baalke. He thinks he is too damn smart for the room. But he's a home run or bust kind of "hitter". And his batting average sucks. Almost 100% of his gambles or experiments, have failed. Every time he's been smarter than everyone else, and taken a player or position that made everyone go "huh?!!", it has backfired. The players with injury histories who fell in the draft, the "redshirt" projects, the position switchers, they guys drafted way ahead of where they were projected, taking the "Baalke BPA", instead of players who were either a position of need or BPA by everyone else's evaluation, etc..

The vast majority of the losses we had (player wise), we could have predicted. And the surprising ones (other than Davis and Borland) were guys not playing at their best any longer. We could have been prepared for them, if we had drafted positions of need at any point in the last 2-3 years. But in spite of the obvious and overwhelming need to draft impact players at OL, CB, and OLB/DE (for years), and MLB (this year especially), Baalke just puts his blinders on and trust that his late rounds projects will magically turn into all pros.

Well it hasn't happened yet, and shockingly when you can't rush the QB, stop the opposing QB rush at all, or cover tall/athletic receivers or TEs (especially on 3rd down), then guess what? You look like ass and don't win many games.

Every reasonably intelligent fan has seen this coming for 2-3 years. The pessimists have been shouting from the roof tops. The optimists have trusted the front office and our project picks. But there is no one (outside of maybe Baalke) who hasn't seen our issues. The only question was whether or not our late round "steals" and "redshirts" would really be able to help solve those problems. Obviously the answer is a resounding NO.

Baalke's pet projects have failed and failed miserably.
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Nov 1, 2015 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone