LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Just like we still play conservative on Sundays...our personnel decisions are conservative

Shop Find 49ers gear online
as well...

to get the Hayne part out of the way... Matt Barrows just tweeted this..

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows Average yards per carry: Mike Davis 1.3; Gaskins 2.6 (preseason only); Hayne 3.1. #49ers

and Gaskins played against the 3-4th strings... where as Hayne got touches against the 2nd team and some starters.

but the point of this thread is that this team's coaching mindset is still a conservative one....

don't play the youngsters (Ellington on offense)
play conservative on offense until we have no choice to because of being blown out.....then when losing...still play conservative to save face and not make it as bad. (punting being down 17 points on 4th and 3)

as far as decisions...playing Devey and Pears no matter what...even if they are letting pass rushers in like they are VIP.

in the Hayne situation... calling up Gaskins who has been on the PS since preseason and was last year I believe...with no worry of him being picked up by another team. (not that he has shown anything)

calling him up, just in case....you know if Hayne had to go in on offense.....because if Bush went down... Mike Davis and Bruce Miller couldn't fill in the role of running and pass protecting. IF Hayne struggled that day...lol.

now this is less of about Hayne and more about this team still being a conservative team.

imo, being conservative these past 3-4 years took a tool on your players....not just us fans... all those close games almost each week...seeming like each drive was important to the game....all those stressful playoff games. I really believe that was also taking into consideration for some of our players who chose to retire or not come back.

All I know is I just LOVED how aggressive Steelers HC Mike Tomlin was when he smelled blood.....just the confidence he showed I'm sure also pushed his players that much. Where as it seems like we choose to f**k with our players' confidence level when they struggle.

Last time we had aggressive cocky coach on our team was Mike f**king Martz...and he had Shaun Hill and Issac Bruce looking good.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 31, 2015 at 5:06 PM ]
We have the most underwhelming, underachieving team so far.
I actually am beginning to hate this team. Everything about it just about excepting some players most of whom I hope wind up elsewhere and have success. I really really really really hate our ownership and our coaches.

I agree by the way, ultra conservative. Even though it's been proven statistically that this model is incredibly stupid. Seriously, going for it on 4th down is actually the smart play most of the time. But teams are stupid. Very very stupid. In fact, NFL organizations in general are incredibly stupid and riddled with confirmation bias and old biases in general. There is a real lack of objectivity.

Anyway we know Gaskins isn't anything special. Whatever, we're probably gonna lose the rest of our games anyway. I think the team is about ready to quit.
This conservative crap on offense and defense has left the 49ers as the least talented team in the NFL
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This conservative crap on offense and defense has left the 49ers as the least talented team in the NFL

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Least talented or poor use of talent? I vote for the latter because there are some young guys I'm curious about and I wonder what I more creative coach would do with them.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We have the most underwhelming, underachieving team so far.

Completely agree
Call it what it is, STUPID!
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Rams in locker room at half time can be heard calling out

"we want 50"

49ers stink it up again. Kap sacked for record numbers.....gaskins warms bench whole game.

We punt on third down each time in second half.

All the Forum lurkers blame Hayne
Would love to see more Ellington. The guy had one punt return for TD called back and now on the bench. He should be the main PR.

2.6 yards per carry in the pre-season vs. 5th stringers has to be one of the worst averages I've ever seen or heard of. He looked so bad I don't understand how he was on the practice squad much less promoted over Hayne.

WHAT IS GOING ON???????????
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Management made the call to IT deep

oMG way to disenfranchise a whole country 49ers

If only the coaches were this professional as the IT guy

[ Edited by MFWIC on Nov 1, 2015 at 3:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone