LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Is this the worst niner team of all time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No, we have a top 5 GM
For me 1978 was worst 49ers team, GFYS Joe Thomas.

2004 was hard to watch the level of ineptitude in all three phases of the game

2015 is just disappointing. We are simply inconsistent. The team has talent to build on. The two squads mentioned had a dearth of talent. The cupboards were bare so to speak.
Certainly one of the worst coaching staffs in recent memory. JT could have and should have pulled Kaepernick a few losses ago when the team was playing for something other than draft position. OTOH if JT is getting his lineups from Jedediah then there is not much to say about that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Round these parts, it all depends on what day you ask.

Did we win our last game? If yes, "OMG WTF WE THE BEAST! SUPERBOWLS!"

Did we lose our last game? If yes, "fire everyone, im killing myself "
  • Stud
Depends. If you're talking about the team as a whole, then no. If you're talking about the 49ers playing on the road. Possibly. At home, the 49ers are giving up just 15 points a game defensively. On the road, it's like 35 points. This is the worst road team I could remember. At home, they are 3-2. On the road, they are a horrible 0-4. On the road, they've given up points of 43, 47, 30 and 27. At home, 3, 20, 17, 16, 20.
Well, even if we lose out the rest of our games, we would still end up with more wins than our worst season in franchise history from a record perspective.

So at least we can sleep at night on that.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stud:
Depends. If you're talking about the team as a whole, then no. If you're talking about the 49ers playing on the road. Possibly. At home, the 49ers are giving up just 15 points a game defensively. On the road, it's like 35 points. This is the worst road team I could remember. At home, they are 3-2. On the road, they are a horrible 0-4. On the road, they've given up points of 43, 47, 30 and 27. At home, 3, 20, 17, 16, 20.

There are many brilliant players on the roster and practice squad. However, the team is going through a transition following the end of the Harbough era.

Tomsula obviously has a different style and it will take time for everything to gel.

The team was much sharper last week and a bit of an acid test will go down with the Seahawks next week. If we win or are just a few points down the momentum is likely to stick. I wonder if there will be any more fine tuning to the active roster? I am sure they will and there were a few young guns that come out firing last week.

I think there will be gradual improvement in the second half of the season as their confidence grows and they gel more as a team. I would think offence has to work a few more plays as the ones they have been using are now obvious to the opposition and they need more to mix it up.

If the moment keeps building then they will not be the worse team ever but if they crash and it was only a dead cat bounce then maybe yes,

As for Tomsula the jury is still out and he will have to bring it together in the second half of the season.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
No, these were.

2004 49ers
2-14, Net points -193, Div 2-4, 32nd of 32 teams

1979 49ers
2-14, Net points -108, Div 1-5, 28th of 28 teams

1978 49ers
2-14, Net points -131, Div 0-6, 28th of 28 teams

1963 49ers
2-12, Net points -193, Div none, Conf 1-11, 22nd of 22 teams
Share 49ersWebzone