There are 361 users in the forums

Is this the worst niner team of all time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sad to say but we could easily end up last in the leauge on both defense and offense.

I started watching the niners in the early 90s and havent missed a game yet.

The 99 niners were pretty bad, we finished 4-12 but still had decent players (Garner, Garcia, and Rice) finished 10th on offense and 28th on defense

The 05 niners were awufl, we finished 4-12, with players such as Smith, Gore, and Llyod and Nolan in his first year. We finished 32nd on offense, 32nd on defense.

In my oponion, the 04 team was definitely the worst. We finished 2-14, in Ericksons last year. that teams squad included Rattay, Barlow and Johnson. We finished 26th on offense, and 32nd on defense.

is this the worst niner team in history? is this team better than the 04-05 niners?
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Normally if a team's pretty bad I don't watch them many times in a season.
This team is by far the worst one that I've "followed" - all sports
Originally posted by Marty:

bandwagon fan?
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2727:

bandwagon fan?

Maybe a bit. I have players I like, and by extension I like the team they're on.
LOL if anyone thinks this team is the worst Niner team of all time, you havent been a fan very long.

This team has TWO playmaking WR. We have a budding star at RB. We have a QB who opposing teams have to gameplan for.

In the dark years, we started QB's like Ken Dorsey. Our RB was Kevan "sets the" Barlow. Our best WR at one point was Arnaz Battle.

It gets WAAAAAAY worse. Be careful what you wish for.
IMO yes
1999 will always be my least favorite. I still haven't got over how Steve's career ended. As to the question, I think '04 is the worst. It was basically an expansion team. Despite our current record, this team has a lot more talent than the 2004 team did.

This year we've had A tough schedule, less than stellar coaching and a terrible OL.
I don't think this team is even as good as it's 2 wins suggests. We are worse than that. We fooled the Vikings with the running scheme and TE sets. The Ravens turned the ball over and lost. This is really a bad team.
not even close
Originally posted by Daniel2727:
bandwagon fan?

Elitist?

Talent wise? No, 2004 & 2005 were much worse. But thanks to this inept coaching staff, we could be not far from those teams
Originally posted by Niners816:
1999 will always be my least favorite. I still haven't got over how Steve's career ended. As to the question, I think '04 is the worst. It was basically an expansion team. Despite our current record, this team has a lot more talent than the 2004 team did.

This year we've had A tough schedule, less than stellar coaching and a terrible OL.

Still wonder what our season would've been if he was healthy. Although we got destroyed by Jacksonville wk 1 of that year
The headline shouldn't ask if this is the worst team of all time, it should ask if this forum has the worst uninformed negative fans of all time.

2 - 5; so the F**k What! We should've beat the Giants. Then the team is 3-4, would you be b***hing then?

This is one of the most talented rosters we've ever except for the right side of oline, and other middle lb. Manginis scheme is killing the d. Play man defense like we played against the packers. Zone is losing us games.

Kap isn't the best passer but if the oline can block like the first game, you see how efficient kap can be and hyde runs.

You're an irrational uninformed fan and you make me sick reading your headline. But also thank you for posting it, it shows everyone who's on top of their game and who isn't.

Have you seen the Lakers this season? lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No, those teams with Rattay and Dorsey were pretty s**tty.
Share 49ersWebzone