There are 383 users in the forums

Trade These Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This article caught my eye and at first I thought it was a bit ridiculous. But after considering it - maybe some of them. VD for sure, the last one shocked me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2584177-5-players-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-trade-before-the-deadline/page/6

Thoughts??
  • thl408
Hell no to Bow and Staley. I know they would fetch the most in return, but you need some semblance of leadership and experience on a team, even in a rebuild. Boone isn't even signed yet. No guarantee he will, or wants to return.
Cohn at it again...........

Yeah Trade Brock, Staley & Bowman away. This guy is as smart as a rock. Thank god this clueless moron is NOT our GM
I don't want to click on the link...is there any logic to this idea or is it spaghetti against the wall?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I don't want to click on the link...is there any logic to this idea or is it spaghetti against the wall?
Good strategy to finish 2-14 and try to get the #1 pick. Right now there are 3 one win teams and 9 two win teams, it will take a lot of effort to draft #1.
It wont matter where the 49ers draft so long as Baalke is the one doing the drafting.
Originally posted by thl408:
Hell no to Bow and Staley. I know they would fetch the most in return, but you need some semblance of leadership and experience on a team, even in a rebuild. Boone isn't even signed yet. No guarantee he will, or wants to return.

Yeah I think people are going off the deep end. If we trade all our vets the only thing we are doing is guaranteeing we will be rebuilding for the next 3-4 years. Those are guys we should attempt to build around to be competitive next year. This team isnt 3 years away. I still see one good offseason being able to make this team competitive,
  • Ike49
F the bleacher report. How many times did they have to say "the niners aren't going anywhere for 4-5 years" yeah ok
[ Edited by Ike49 on Oct 30, 2015 at 9:54 AM ]
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah I think people are going off the deep end. If we trade all our vets the only thing we are doing is guaranteeing we will be rebuilding for the next 3-4 years. Those are guys we should attempt to build around to be competitive next year. This team isnt 3 years away. I still see one good offseason being able to make this team competitive,

Exactly, I don't want a 2004 redux.
Share 49ersWebzone