LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

When was the last time Jed or Trent said anything to the media regarding the team? Hiding?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol..what would you say?

Anything they say is gonna be ripped apart. Unless Jed comes out and says "hey you know what..i f**ked up" you wont be happy. And itd probably be better for him to wait until the offseason to say that.
I'm glad they are not coming out to feed us more bullcrap. that's all it would be.Their silence reveals their true character ( backstabbing cowards, using the media to do their dirty work ) If you're looking apologies, Jed already tweeted out one out last year when he threw Harbs under the bus.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
I don't like Jed but there's almost nothing he could say right now that'd be constructive.

Pretty much this. Im not sure what people expect. All you'd get is some mumbling about "holding the course and being patient."

It goes back to this fantasy some people have of holding owners of any team "accountable."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 29, 2015 at 6:21 AM ]
Jed and company hired their punching bag and for +3M a year. I'm sure it was part of the agreement "if this goes south . . . . . everything is on you or Kaep, you agree . . . . OK you're hired".
"Wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round..."
Originally posted by Virginia9ers:
Jed and company hired their punching bag and for +3M a year. I'm sure it was part of the agreement "if this goes south . . . . . everything is on you or Kaep, you agree . . . . OK you're hired".

Should of just hired me. I would of done it for $1 million a year and the results wouldn't be that much different.
Never thought I'd say this, but I think it may be better in the long run if this team continues to lose big. That way there would be no excuse to keep Baalke. He's failed miserably, and needs to go.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Virginia9ers:

Should of just hired me. I would of done it for $1 million a year and the results wouldn't be that much different.

although I'm sure you would bench Kap the first chamce u got, at least you and anyone here would've made chances to the Oline...

I'm sure you would've done better...even with Gabbert.
http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/ostler/article/Dear-Jed-Some-friendly-advice-on-fixing-the-49ers-6597020.php?t=97def627827d4f3860&cmpid=twitter-premium

Remember when you said, "Hold me accountable"? How can we hold you accountable when we can't find you? Are you and Trent Baalke hanging with Dick Cheney in the Undisclosed Location?

You trot around in public when the team is going well, but hide out when the spit hits the fan. Your team is in crisis, dude. You are the face of ownership. Owner up.

Make radio and TV appearances to answer questions from the media. Don't stop there. Hold regular, informal, town-hall meetings, fan forums where the folks can air their beefs and make suggestions, and you can explain your side.

Order your GM to face the public, too, to explain personnel moves and football philosophy.

Here's an idea: One night a week, ditch the Armani, grab Baalke, and do a bar crawl. Hit four or five pubs, every type of saloon. Buy a round and listen to the people. Some will be angry, but they will appreciate you being there.

In any crisis or mini-crisis, don't send out your rookie head coach to speak for the organization. Don't issue a prepared statement. Stand up.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
"I'm sorry we lost to Seattle, you fans deserve more than this."

"Roman needs to go, our offense sucks"

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
I don't like Jed but there's almost nothing he could say right now that'd be constructive.

Pretty much this. Im not sure what people expect. All you'd get is some mumbling about "holding the course and being patient."

It goes back to this fantasy some people have of holding owners of any team "accountable."

+1
Not too long ago, the WZ talking points were "STFU, Jed." Now, we get threads about "Talk, Jed." I get that there's hate for Jed; there's plenty of space for that in the Jed York thread. Not much reason to start Internet social justice warrior threads.

[ Edited by zonkers on Oct 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM ]
he knows he will be "held accountable" the second he hits the podium , don't know if Jed is ready to face the onslaught of questions regarding him and Trent's decisions ...too Bad coach Walsh isn't around to speak for the team , he'd be one hell of a consultant right now ...god bless you coach Walsh
Trent rarely talks to the media during the season. Thats not his style, atleast thats my understanding.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
I love how every time Jed says anything fans scream at him to shut up, but now that he's been silent for a few weeks everyone seemingly wants to hear from him.

At least be honest people: you don't want to hear from him, you want a platform to throw rotten tomatoes at him. Or shoot live ammo. I wouldnt put the latter past someone in this fan base, to be honest...

I think if you want honesty, you should start with yourself.
Originally posted by zonkers:
+1
Not too long ago, the WZ talking points were "STFU, Jed." Now, we get threads about "Talk, Jed." I get that there's hate for Jed; there's plenty of space for that in the Jed York thread. Not much reason to start Internet social justice warrior threads.

You think Jed is PC bro?
Share 49ersWebzone