LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

When was the last time Jed or Trent said anything to the media regarding the team? Hiding?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

all this about hiring a teacher and stuff. Yet we refused to make adjustments to the offensive line? Play injured players when we could make it worse for these players long term (Hyde), and the players are actually a liability on the field. (Boldin)

maybe this is just a rant, but I'm just curious when was the last time they spoke about the team and its current state? Either of the two.

I swear Trent had a radio show or atleast came on every now and then.

edit- And I'm asking about official stuff.... not leaking..lol. I know I opened it up for that with the title.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:39 PM ]
Other than Jerry Jones and maybe Bill Belichick, what GM is out there in the media all the time?

And I think Trent does a radio show here in the bay once a week. KNBR probably.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Other than Jerry Jones and maybe Bill Belichick, what GM is out there in the media all the time?

I don't expect "all the time"... but every once in a while the GM speaks to the media no? Just to say wassup.
I've wondered the same thing, and it's pretty obvious they're hiding to avoid getting blasted live on the airwaves. There's nothing they can say that wouldn't get spun negatively, but that's their fault. They put themselves in this position.

Jed talks about how people should hold him accountable, but there's very little anyone can do. At the very least, he should show his face and answer some tough questions. We don't want apologies on Twitter, we want answers to our questions from the man himself.

Exactly you seldom here from any other owners or Gms during the year.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I don't expect "all the time"... but every once in a while the GM speaks to the media no? Just to say wassup.

Refer to the bolded. lol

Refer to the bolded. lol

YEAH but I'm asking if he has?

I visit 49erstweets and this forum a thousand times a day....and I haven't seen anything quoted from Trent in a while... I can't remember the last thing he touched on.

If he answered any questions on the radio station, we'd see about it in tweets and in this forum.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:46 PM ]
YEAH but I'm asking if he has?

I visit 49erstweets and this forum a thousand times a day....and I haven't seen anything quoted from Trent in a while... I can't remember the last thing he touched on.

If he answered any questions on the radio station, we'd see about it in tweets and in this forum.

He hasn't done any interviews so far this season, at least to my knowledge. I tune into KNBR and 95.7 the game most everyday. Haven't heard a peep.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
They can't hide for long.With the Superbowl at Levi's they are going to have to face about every media outlet in the country
When you have an eloquent spokesperson like Tomsula...

Refer to the bolded. lol

What station is he on now? I think he used to do something on The Game but I haven't heard him recently.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
When you have an eloquent spokesperson like Tomsula...
What station is he on now? I think he used to do something on The Game but I haven't heard him recently.

I don't know. I don't really listen to a lot of sportstalk. I just know he had one at some point. Maybe he doesn't anymore.
I don't like Jed but there's almost nothing he could say right now that'd be constructive.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Tomsula and Bethea are the only 49ers that are on knbr once a week.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
They can't hide for long.With the Superbowl at Levi's they are going to have to face about every media outlet in the country

All we will hear then after the season is a loop of: Kaep's fault, offseason losses, Kaep's fault, offseason losses, Kaep's fault, offseason losses...

Trent too busy drawing up the weekly game plan for this inept coaching staff trying to save some face this season.
Share 49ersWebzone