LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Week 7 Seahawks coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by communist:
any news on Hodges?

I can get to it tonight or something. Anyone have an idea what quarter he played or what drives?
Originally posted by thl408:
Sack #4
:43 seconds left in the half. 1st & 10

Kap is either looking at Bush or VD. Pears does a horrible job extending his arms and gets bull rushed.

Throw it over the middle or something. idk. Sacked for -14.

On this play he just got scared. Should've set his feet and anticipated the route open across the middle.. Then brace for impact and take that hit. No reason for him not to complete this one. When he hit his 3rd step he just needs to throw the dame ball. 2 guys wide open right in front of him. And if he had any anticipation he could have hit T Smith. The ball should come out early and soon as T Smtih makes his break the ball should hit him right in the chest. He has Sherman beat on this play.
[ Edited by lamontb on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
On this play he just got scared. Should've set his feet and anticipated the route open across the middle.. Then brace for impact and take that hit. No reason for him not to complete this one. When he hit his 3rd step he just needs to throw the dame ball. 2 guys wide open right in front of him. And if he had any anticipation he could have hit T Smith. The ball should come out early and soon as T Smtih makes his break the ball should hit him right in the chest. He has Sherman beat on this play.

That's what I'm talking about. I don't see him throw and brace for impact. I see him run instead. Maybe it's not that he doesn't "see" what's there, he's just afraid of being hit in a vulnerable position, i.e. after releasing the ball. His whole career has been based on the ability to escape and protect his body from harm. That's my theory anyway.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Based on what Im seeing Seattle didnt even play that good of defense. Seen sherman beat a few times. Theres 3 different open receivers open on that last gif not including smith who broke open at the last second Seattle knew all they had to do was just show up to shake Kap. Its pretty pathetic actually.

I can handle INTs, sacks, fumbles...but you cant do anything with a scaredy cat.

They should just scrap the shotgun. He is 90% useless from the gun. He looks like a rook making his first or second start from the gun.
[ Edited by Antix on Oct 29, 2015 at 2:39 PM ]
Sack #4

Kap is either looking at Bush or VD. Pears does a horrible job extending his arms and gets bull rushed.

Agreed! Not sure if this is real time, but that is about 4 seconds where he could have hit either vernon or reggie in the middle. Maybe he just goes through his progressions wayyyyy too slow. Just throw it at someone's feet or something, don't lose 14 flipping yards! It is like once a team gets in his head, he just completely buckles. You have to have short term memory in sports!
Kap needs 10 seconds and a defender can't be any where near his WRS in order for him to throw it against Seattle. He's so chicken against them.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Anyone have an idea what quarter he played or what drives?

Gerald Hodges #51

2. QTR
5:41
5:03
4:26
3:45
3:22

4. QTR
4:08
4:00

3:05
2:20
2:12
2:06

2:00 - qb kneel
1:19 - qb kneel
0:39 - qb kneel

QBs that get hit early and often end up staring at the rush instead of looking downfield. It's natural when you're always getting hit..you end up feeling pressure that's not there. There's a reason why teams try to hit Peyton and Brady and anyone really as much as possible because it affects them. Plus, there's a mental block there with Seattle and he needs to work through that.
Sack #4

I am sad. Kap must throw at Bush or David the middle. Throw it now a time than exaggerated time. ..

Well. We need draft OT and OG and C so badly..
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Oct 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by DeUh:
Anyone have an idea what quarter he played or what drives?

Gerald Hodges #51

2. QTR
5:41
5:03
4:26
3:45
3:22

4. QTR
4:08
4:00

3:05
2:20
2:12
2:06

2:00 - qb kneel
1:19 - qb kneel
0:39 - qb kneel

Thanks DeUh! I'll check these plays out, particularly the 2nd quarter drive when the game was still in the balance.

Thanks DeUh! I'll check these plays out, particularly the 2nd quarter drive when the game was still in the balance.

I want the QB kneel plays broken down in detail
  • thl408
Just watched Hodges series in the 2nd quarter. Started the drive. He replaced Wilhoite in base 3-4 as well as nickel. Was in for some running plays that went away from him so he wasn't really involved at the point of attack. The one play where he was involved was a passing play, and wouldn't you know, there was a miscommunication in coverage that allowed an easy completion over the middle of the field.
  • thl408
Hodges is #51
Sea will run a Shallow Cross concept.
versus either Cover 3 or Cover 1. Red are the four pass rushers.

As yellow crosses Brooks face, Brooks jams then allows yellow to cross while picking up coverage of blue. Hodges also follows blue.

Picnic in the middle of the field.

+15 yards + a face mask penalty on Bethea. The next play is the Lockett TD catch.

If I had to guess, this is Cover 3 with pattern match and Hodges blows this coverage. When yellow and blue cross one another, Hodges should stay where he is and take yellow while Brooks picks up blue (which is what Brooks did).
Share 49ersWebzone