There are 251 users in the forums

Was is it the right decision to not go for it on 4th down? With 3 + min left in the 4th

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was is it the right decision to not go for it on 4th down? With 3 + min left in the 4th

I don't agree with the idea that we should just not embarrass ourselves anymore by going for it and possibly allowing Seattle to score again on a short field. I disagree because it is a message of, we are quitting. We are quitters. We lay down. Perhaps this is an extreme example but you would never see ex player/coach Singletary doing that?

No, cause he would not allow himself or team quit on eachother, the fans, the orginization.

When Tommy T said that they would fight until they are officially eliminated. You automatically think, you already quit, now you are just going through the emotions.
Reminded of Nolan running off the field with time left before half. Ridiculous
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think that it woulda been a wise move to have gone for that 4th down.. we didnt have a chance, but the least we can do is show that we are goin down fightin... instead of showing the world that "this punt will prevent the Seahawks from scoring more points"..

Every offensive players hates it when we have to punt especially at that situation..

if you remember..

Owens called out Mooch for not going for it against the Bears because he's a good friend with the Head Coach.

Owens once more called out Mooch for running the time out against the Bucs in the Playoffs when they coulda gona for 15 yards and hope to get a FG out of it.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
YEAH GOOD POINTS

should have gone for it so we could have got some more of this

If Seahawks got 20-3 in 4qt for 15:00 mins then I wanted Kap must fast to scores and hurry up for mins. Must fast to get scores for pass by 20 Scores for tie or beat a time for wins!
Originally posted by SoCold:
YEAH GOOD POINTS

WTF was staley doing........
Originally posted by SoCold:
YEAH GOOD POINTS

I see your point and I agree. Let's Madden-auto-generate the rest of the season. No sense playing.

Even better, maybe we can have the kids at De Anza play for us instead?
Originally posted by judodono:
I see your point and I agree. Let's Madden-auto-generate the rest of the season. No sense playing.

Even better, maybe we can have the kids at De Anza play for us instead?

I agree, if your going to give up then give up. It would be nice to have a number one pick....
Originally posted by thl408:
It's not about going for it on 4th down, and having a chance to win the game. You don't have to convince any of us that the 49ers had no chance in hell. But go down swinging, not punting. They were at home and the fans that stayed there till the end want to see them try.
In the end, it doesn't really matter. The team gave up at that point so the coaches were just following along. I understand the reason to punt. It's just from a fan standpoint, you want to see the team try till the end.

I haven't read the whole thread but This post is on the mark. There is no benefit to punt. You have a better chance of winning, no matter how remote, of going for it.
Tomsula is a loser who is more concerned with keeping the score looking pretty.

You got that Jimmy T? I thought you were a tough guy but you showed your true colors. Worried more about the final score than giving your team a chance to win. You are pathetic
Share 49ersWebzone