LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Front office restructure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Butter:
The very first thing that Jed York needs to do this off-season is shake the etch a sketch on the front office. Jed needs a true football guy as President. Someone like Bill Parcells, Bill Polian, or Mike Holgren. Someone that put their arm around his junior millionaire shoulders and reign in the crazy. This franchise could really use a calming voice of reason.

Then, that experienced football guy could help hire a new GM, who could help bring in the right coach.

The President needs to save Jed from himself. If I'm a legit NFL coach, no way I'd want to step into the Niners current situation. I love that Jed is an authentic fan, but he needs to leave the football decisions to the experts.

Yep. The Yorks.... don't know how much they don't know. Need Eddie D to help pick a few brains to set up this next era.. as they botched the last one. look how the Warriors transformed, how Walsh turned SUCK into Dynasty. In Pro Sports... you need a sharp front office. It's not Junior College..it's RUTHLESS competition.
Originally posted by Butter:
The very first thing that Jed York needs to do this off-season is shake the etch a sketch on the front office. Jed needs a true football guy as President. Someone like Bill Parcells, Bill Polian, or Mike Holgren. Someone that put their arm around his junior millionaire shoulders and reign in the crazy. This franchise could really use a calming voice of reason.

Then, that experienced football guy could help hire a new GM, who could help bring in the right coach.

The President needs to save Jed from himself. If I'm a legit NFL coach, no way I'd want to step into the Niners current situation. I love that Jed is an authentic fan, but he needs to leave the football decisions to the experts.

They already have a President running football operations. He is a favorite of owner John York and a pals with the CEO Jed York. He has been heavily involved in hiring the past four coaches, he wrote the game-management guide used by the past four coaches to determine plays and timeout calling late in the game and he sometimes works in the coaches booth determining replay calls. Besides all that, he negotiates contracts and manages the cap.
I don't think he is willing to give up his position.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 26, 2015 at 11:43 AM ]
Baalke could be fire depending how bad we end up this season but I don't see how Marathe being booted out as Team President. While Marathe doesn't have a sports background, he moved up charts for his business and financial skillset by managing the salary cap perfectly also make and close deals to improve the franchise's vault with juicy sponsors.

The only way Marathe goes when Niners lose money outside the football field. We can only hope that turf remains an issue this season so sponsors go elsewhere.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:45 PM ]
Two of the most successful franchises of the past 5 years both have coaches who have control over personnel: Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll. I'm beginning to think this is the best model.

Like Parcells said, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for the groceries."

Obviously, the hard part is finding a guy who can handle both.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Oct 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Two of the most successful franchises of the past 5 years both have coaches who have control over personnel: Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll. I'm beginning to think this is the best model.

Like Parcells said, "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for the groceries."

One name popped: The classy teacher Jimmy Ratsula.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Jed is the president.

Jed is the CEO, Marathe is the president. Neither of them have the slightest clue as how a football team is supposed to be run.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 26, 2015 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

And for every HC that works for, you have several others that wind up as a disaster. Being a good coach doesn't necessarily make you a good personnel guy and those that can handle both responsibilities are quite few and far between.

Successful franchises such as Baltimore, Green Bay, the Giants and Pittsburgh have done just fine splitting up the HC and GM responsibilities.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM ]
I copied this from my post in another thread, but it is more appropriate here:

I just have to keep telling myself that I am truly only rooting for a helmet that I am familiar with, everything else is a facade! Stadium, owners, uniforms, everything is different! This is really an expansion team that kept the old Glory Days helmets. They trick us with a museum, and by inviting old school Niners players to the stadium every week. This is not the organization that won 5 Super Bowl Trophies, this is not the San Francisco 49ers that was lead by the great Bill Walsh and Eddie Debartolo. That organization doesn't exist anymore, this is the Santa Clara Yorks!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Doesn't matter who you bring in when the owner is the problem.

Denise is the problem?
Denise, John, and Jed are the root of the problem. Let Eddie take over the team and I bet the whole league will want to be part of the 49ers success. GMs, Players and coaches will want to work for Eddie. Who wants to work for Denise, John, or Jed?

Eddie has to get approved to come back to the league as an owner. And the only reason why people wanted to "work for Eddie" was because he treated the team to the "extras" something you can't do in the Salary Cap era anymore. Eddie treated his players like family and the NFL just isn't that kind of place anymore. I don't see Eddie having more success than Kraft or anyone else who hired a really good coach, who then got lucky with a really good QB. The 49ers of the 80's and pre-1994 would not exist past one season under today's salary cap. If it's a question of staff, Harbaugh had one of the largest staffs in the entire NFL. This wasn't a money issue. Again I fail to see how the ownership (Denise) is the problem. It's not that people don't want to come to work for the 49ers, IMHO, the problem with this team is that it drafted a limited QB and have made a back-up a starter. I'm not saying we should not have let Alex go, but QBs in a passing league need to be able to throw on time and read defenses.

Edward John Debartolo is free to rejoin the NFL.

If he needs to be approved to be an owner as typical NFL owner due diligence, ok.

But if you're referring to that legal mess, he's been cleared for awhile now....from our friend Goodell's mouth himself.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Mock Off-Season V.1

Jed sells enough of team to minority owner to John Sobrato who now takes control as owner

The Sobrato's Promote Brian Hampton,currently director of football administration and analytics to CEO

Hampton Fires Baalke and promotes Tom Gamble to GM

Tomsula fired

Gamble seeks out his friend in Philly, or maybe adds a Pep to his step

to be continued…
[ Edited by cools on Oct 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM ]

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

If he needs to be approved to be an owner as typical NFL owner due diligence, ok.

But if you're referring to that legal mess, he's been cleared for awhile now....from our friend Goodell's mouth himself.

Thanks, was just about to come in here and ask about that.

Jed and Marathe re-structured to stick with the business side of things.

Eddie D hired as VP of football operations, he does not renew Baalke.

Eddie D maybe hires someone like Nick Caserio (Director of Player Pesonel for Patriots from 2004-2006; 2008-present) as GM. Its hard to judge candidates since so much is done behind closed doors...

Eddie D hires Mark Dantonio as Head Football Coach (coach at Michigan State 2007-present)
Originally posted by cools:
Mock Off-Season V.1

Jed sells enough of team

And I stopped reading there. Anyone entertaining the delusion that Denise is going to sell this team to anyone, anytime soon need to go lay down in a dark room somewhere until it passes.

They just completed a new stadium, the team is set to roll in the dough for them, win or lose for the near future, there is no chance they are selling a massive moneymaker.
  • Ike49
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Jed is the president.

I never have dinner with the president, I never have dinner with the president, I never have dinner with the president
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Jed is the CEO, Paraag is President. No football guy until you get to GM Baalke...who never coached.

Seeing a problem and solving are not the same thing. Any football guy will want power over Baalke. If it's a retread...he would likely want to blow up the whole shebang.

Just curious - why does a GM need coaching experience. Most GMs in the NFL are former scouts and few are players. Just thoughts.

Not necessarily, but I believe most teams have former coaches in some exec positions. The niners have Jed and Paraag...bright guys, but how do they help or evaluate the football side? Trent is it...and they will likely lay this season on him...unless the team turns around...then they will magically become visible again.

Seems to me like every time the team starts to sink,rumors leak out saving Balke. Last year it was Harbaugh's fault.This year it's Kaps fault. Never mind the team (despite an abundance of draft picks) being void of NFL talent. As far as I know neither Harbaugh or Kap had much input into the draft. Looks like the rumors swirling about the team not liking Kap and quitting on him,will buy Balke another year .
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Thanks, was just about to come in here and ask about that.

Jed and Marathe re-structured to stick with the business side of things.

Eddie D hired as VP of football operations, he does not renew Baalke.

Eddie D maybe hires someone like Nick Caserio (Director of Player Pesonel for Patriots from 2004-2006; 2008-present) as GM. Its hard to judge candidates since so much is done behind closed doors...

Eddie D hires Mark Dantonio as Head Football Coach (coach at Michigan State 2007-present)
I love this idea!!!
Share 49ersWebzone