There are 258 users in the forums

Are we just not talking about Hyde's stress fracture?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Exactly, no need to risk injuring it more. Sit him and let him heal up.

Yeah, it sucked seeing him pull up on a dime right in the middle of a play. That's not like him.
Idiot Baalke got a Rugby player and Mr. Glass as backups to Hyde.

Pathetic.
Fact is we won't know what backups are made of unless coach bites the bullet and rests Hyde. Gives the others time to prove if they are up to it. All speculation at the moment. You cant rate someone on 1 rush a game. If backups are no good then we are f**ked cause Hyde needs a rest.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Pathetic.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Trath44:
i started a thread about it, on how we should shut him down the rest of the season, and the mods deleted it.

I wonder why....
Not going to heal without rest. Hyde doesn't seem concerned with possibly making it worse. He's just going to be a little gimpy all year. Maybe during the bye he can rest it and gain some explosiveness back. Won't be fully healthy until next season.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Not going to heal without rest. Hyde doesn't seem concerned with possibly making it worse. He's just going to be a little gimpy all year. Maybe during the bye he can rest it and gain some explosiveness back. Won't be fully healthy until next season.

Hey man could you explain why Reggie Bush doesn't take the majority of the snaps (20 avg p/g) ? Is it because he injury prone? They need to give Hyde a rest man.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tezel112:

Hey man could you explain why Reggie Bush doesn't take the majority of the snaps (20 avg p/g) ? Is it because he injury prone? They need to give Hyde a rest man.

Is pure stupidity if they carry on playing Hyde hurt. He is about the only good thing they got going for the team, they will fxxk him up at this rate.

As for back-ups, is a complete joke. Reggie Bush is glass and sh*t, I bet you any money Hayne will be better than him at PR. Then, Hayne as a RB is inexperienced, but I still see him better than both Bush and Davis. Davis is another one of those Baalke's sh*te picks, the dude is slower than a snail.

In the coming offseason, we will need to find another legit free agent RB to pair up with Hyde, there is just not enough firepower there to compete in the league. Try Chris Ivory and show him the money. Might as well, our cap room will be massive anyway.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:51 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Rest Hyde. Go to a four-wide featuring many Kap end runs, QB draws, rollouts to either side.

You post this good idea as if Jeepsus Christ knows wtf he's doing on offense
Does anyone here actually think Hyde is our future? He's a great player, but he's way to violent of a runner. Guys like him are good for 3 to 4 years tops. He'll likely go the way of Jamal Anderson or Marian Barber. The body is just not made for that much punishment.

Originally posted by tezel112:

I agree they should lighten the load, but he's still healthy enough to be the primary ball carrier. We really don't have any other options. It's not just that Bush is injury prone, he's not that good of a player either. Same with Davis and Hayne. None of those guys are close to Hyde's ability. Unless they shut him down completely, he should still be the main option.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Does anyone here actually think Hyde is our future? He's a great player, but he's way to violent of a runner. Guys like him are good for 3 to 4 years tops. He'll likely go the way of Jamal Anderson or Marian Barber. The body is just not made for that much punishment.

Time will tell. If he keeps going like he is now, he won't last very long.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If Hyde has as, they are starting to report, a stress fracture in his foot, he could miss a large part of the remainder of the season, or risk more damage.
As bad as this team is, as lost as this season is, risking his future to try an eek out a few more wins is insane. If it is a minor stress fracture he may need 2-3 weeks to recover, if it is major, he will need to go on IR, and miss the rest of the season.

Am I the only one worried about this? Nolan ruined Smith's shoulder to try and save his job, will Tomsula destroy Hyde to buy some time? Hyde is a special player, he has great potential, but he is injured, and needs to be sat down. Looking at the stable of running backs Baalke has provided, it looks pretty bleak.

Bush, can't take the load, he is to fragile.

Hayne, the blunder from down under, hasn't shown what we had hoped for in his few carries, maybe he will get better, but I think he is not an ever going to become an every down back.

Davis, can't seem to find the hole, "wrong way Davis" just scampers around until he is tackled, he is not going to carry the load.

So, for a run on first down team like ours, Davis carries the rock on first down, We take our shot through the air on second, and Bush is the third down back...I guess.

Hayne is the utility guy, maybe he plays first and second in passing situations....with his questionable blocking skills...Yikes!

Who can we add? Why are we activating another WR, when we might need the roster space, and Kaep can't hit a wide receiver flat on his back....crap, i'm a little panicky here, talk me down!

So, there is my fear, what I predicted to be a bad season, has gone from bad to worse, now this!

Okay, bottomline, we need to add Hyde to the list of things to worry about, so it's:

Keapernick, the O-line, the D-line, and the coaching, and now its our stable of backs!

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-RB-Carlos-Hyde-Foot-surgeon-discuss-stress-6588481.php

Go Niners!

Run Hayne and Davis and rest Hyde otherwise he risks long term injury. I think your being a bit harsh on Hayne 2 of those fumbles were situational awareness getting the ball stripped/ knocked out and he would have learnt from those. He is the only RB apart from Hyde that has shown he can make big plays and take big hits. The season is pretty much a writeoff so why not give him a decent run? They need to get Hayne in space so he can make guys miss and gain yards like he has shown he can do
[ Edited by mvp_yeahbuddy on Oct 29, 2015 at 9:42 PM ]

If it is a stress fracture it will be a llittle gimpy until he breaks it more and then he will be on IR and hoping it heals without complications.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Pathetic.

Who's the rugby player?
Share 49ersWebzone