LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Are we just not talking about Hyde's stress fracture?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They need to take him off the field. He is oursikr future and he deserves to have one. There is no reason to risk that.
They need to take him off the field. He is our future and he deserves to have one. There is no reason to risk that.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Oct 25, 2015 at 12:52 PM ]
Hard to take him off the field with no suitable back up on the roster
Sus predicted Hydes durability might be an issue, smart poster tbph
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Sus predicted Hydes durability might be an issue, smart poster tbph

Yeah, "Bell Cow" backs that carry the rock 30 times a game 16 games in a row are rare. Hyde has a great talent, but he might be better in a rotation.

I just don't think we are being realistic thinking this guy can go on a fractured foot, and be a difference maker. We need to face yet another piece of bad news.
Hyde's foot can heal, but only when 49er stops running on it

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article41486166.html#storylink=cpy

If it is a stress fracture I think they are taking a huge risk by letting him run on it, stress fractures can get complicated.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 29, 2015 at 12:45 PM ]
Only reason to risk Hyde in this situation would be if the team were in serious playoff/SB contention. This injury should be given the appropriate time to heal (he should've been already resting two weeks ago) so he's good for the future.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Only reason to risk Hyde in this situation would be if the team were in serious playoff/SB contention. This injury should be given the appropriate time to heal (he should've been already resting two weeks ago) so he's good for the future.

Was he on the field after Tomsula waived the white flag against Seattle? I cannot recall.
The team is so damn shallow at RB, they replaced Gore with Hyde but didn't replace Hyde.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 16to87:
We are not doctors

Well some on here are, but even they havent had a chance to personally diagnose him. You can say a lot of stuff about Tomsula but I dont think he would jeopardize a guys health and future. If Hyde is good to go, he'll play, if not, they will roll with Bush, Hayne and Davis.
Wait WTF? How hard is it to figure out if he has a fracture in his foot or not?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Exactly, no need to risk injuring it more. Sit him and let him heal up.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Hard to take him off the field with no suitable back up on the roster

just give Australia what they want to see...... 2015 is done anyways....
If Hyde has a stress fracture he is not good to go, it it is just tendinitis it may get further aggravated but not as risky as a stress fracture.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Was he on the field after Tomsula waived the white flag against Seattle? I cannot recall.
The team is so damn shallow at RB, they replaced Gore with Hyde but didn't replace Hyde.

I'm not sure either, as I wasn't able to watch the entire game closely. How did the Pierre Thomas try outs go?
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Signed Bush..had hunter and drafted davis. I get what youre saying but we had bodies..they just not working out too well.

They should deactivate Hyde and play davis bush and hayne. Just let Kap run the wildcat if necessary. Hyde is our best player on offense and the only skill player we have that has a bright future right now. We gotta save him.

I'm not sure either, as I wasn't able to watch the entire game closely. How did the Pierre Thomas try outs go?

Donte Whitner is no longer here, so he has nothing to worry about.
Share 49ersWebzone