LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

What to do with Jarryd Hayne?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What to do with Jarryd Hayne?

Just wondering what your thoughts are about Hayne going forward.

Do you want him to get more meaningful plays as backup RB to see if he has anything to offer?

Do you want to stick to what has transpired and give him starting PR duties with very limited RB exposure?

Do you think he needs more time inactive?

Do you think he is a waste of time and needs to be cut?

Please let us know why you think each to be the case with a comment. And please nobody be negative or defensive to any opinions, we all have a right to say how we feel and when in difference agree to disagree.
[ Edited by STICKSandSTONES on Oct 24, 2015 at 5:09 AM ]
Bush will be gone next year, Patton could be gone, Ellington can't stay healthy, and White has been decent.

Keep him and see how he progresses.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Bush will be gone next year, Patton could be gone, Ellington can't stay healthy, and White has been decent.

So what do you think the 49ers should do with him in the meantime?
Originally posted by STICKSandSTONES:

He thinks they should keep him in and see how he progresses.

Depends on the other RB's. Chances of Bush staying healthy are slim. Hyde might have to sit if the foot gets worse. Hayne will get more PT. Right now it's a numbers game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Keep him returning punts, he'll be that much more seasoned next year.
  • Ike49
To the left to the left
Originally posted by Ike49:
To the left to the left

He should hookup with Beyonce?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He thinks they should keep him in and see how he progresses.

Ha you should be a coach...thats how they answer questions
Depends on the other RB's. Chances of Bush staying healthy are slim. Hyde might have to sit if the foot gets worse. Hayne will get more PT. Right now it's a numbers game.

Yep, I'm of the mind that Hyde should've been rested for the Ravens game. It's been clear for weeks that the load he's been carrying would get him too banged up over time. Now, it looks like they'll have no choice but to rest him or risk a season ending injury, as tough as he is it's stupid to play him with a broken foot. Don't want that for one of our best players.

Despite plan B (Bush) and C (Hayne/Davis) being less than ideal, at least it would give the latter two some experience that they need to hopefully develop into proper back-ups. They might as well, seeing as the season appears to be beyond salvaging, bar a miracle or 12.

So, for me, under the present circumstances it's one of the two extremes. Let him play a bit more and learn or cut him and let him try his luck with someone else. I hope they go with the former as I think the faith will be repayed in the long run.

Anyone know if that Pierre bloke made an impression at his try-out? If he did and the Niners pick him up, that changes things again. Then I'd say Hayne PR only.

dude has vision....doesn't matter if preseason... give him some blocking and he'll do the rest.

not every RB hits a big run each time they get the ball. At least with him, you know he will fall forward.

get his Damn Auss on the damn field!!!

It does matter that it was pre-season.

See Glen Coffee, Korey Sheets and Clayton Thomas.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

that's just a broad statement...

each of those guys were dancers, and a few of them were small RBs...their style and size couldn't handle this league. At least with Hayne he is big. I mean with some of the holes Hyde has gotten this year, do you not think Hayne wouldn't do anything himself.

the truth is any athletic running back can do well with good blocking... it is the ones who can handle the pounding and become starters or stay in the league. Couple that with being able to break tackles because of your size+speed.....that's just enough to get passed maybe one or two defenders and turn a small play into a big one.

Going into this season, I know it was far fetched, but I was hoping we would be able to pound Hyde and Hayne right at the Seahawks..and just make their defense want to slow down alittle bit and lose their intensity. You can celebrate a tackle only for so long when you have to do it over and over to two BIG running backs. And then Play Action from that would've produced some openings. Hell have Kap do a bootleg once in a while to have one less defender to slow these two running backs down.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:41 PM ]

I'm confused. Over in the Purcell thread, guys are saying he tore it up in preseason so he should get a shot. It seems that the same argument used for one player is used against another, depending on who that player is. So which one is it?

I'm not trying to s**t stir or start a fire, it's just hard to follow the reasoning when there seems to be inconsistency in the application.
Originally posted by Hard-Knock-Niner:

I'm confused. Over in the Purcell thread, guys are saying he tore it up in preseason so he should get a shot. It seems that the same argument used for one player is used against another, depending on who that player is. So which one is it?

I'm not trying to s**t stir or start a fire, it's just hard to follow the reasoning when there seems to be inconsistency in the application.

Everyone has there own opinions and there are examples for both sides. Best everyone just agree to disagree and look at potential and see what their opinion is.... my opinion anyway
Share 49ersWebzone