LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Among these guys, who is the worst HC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Among these guys, who is the worst HC?

JT by far is the worst,he lost the locker room in half a season.
Tomsula. I can see some positives in the other candidates. I see nothing in JT
Erickson at least has an excuse for a shoddy coaching job, that season we didn't have any cap room to make any sort of moves to acquire talent , this season we have a lot of space to make moves, Tomsula has much more talent on his roster , Rattay or Dorsey at QB, Arnez Battle and Curtis Conway at WR ..that's what Erickson had to work with, ...Jimmy T's team shouldn't be sputtering this damn bad
Perhaps the more important comparison is who is the worst GM...

Terry Donahue or Trent Baalke?
Originally posted by 9erNoKaOi:
Tomsula sounds like he doesn't know what he is talking about. Listen to his any of his interviews. He is the worst coach inn 49ers history. Absolutely the worst. Rock bottom. Beyond worst. Sorry guys, I don't care if he walked into a bad situation, he does not know how to coach PERIOD!!

Exactly.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Perhaps the more important comparison is who is the worst GM...

Terry Donahue or Trent Baalke?

Tie.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Erickson at least has an excuse for a shoddy coaching job, that season we didn't have any cap room to make any sort of moves to acquire talent , this season we have a lot of space to make moves, Tomsula has much more talent on his roster , Rattay or Dorsey at QB, Arnez Battle and Curtis Conway at WR ..that's what Erickson had to work with, ...Jimmy T's team shouldn't be sputtering this damn bad
I agree, Erickson's team was devoid of talent with a maxed cap. The roster was completely purged! He at least was a winning coach at the U and OSU. I think he even won a championship at the U. He was lied to by Donahue about the team he was taking over. Erickson would be an upgrade for what we have now!! Also Donahue is worse than Baalke.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I agree, Erickson's team was devoid of talent with a maxed cap. The roster was completely purged! He at least was a winning coach at the U and OSU. I think he even won a championship at the U. He was lied to by Donahue about the team he was taking over. Erickson would be an upgrade for what we have now!! Also Donahue is worse than Baalke.

Donahue was supposed to build us a young, fast, aggressive team
Originally posted by goldstandard:

I wish we had Dennis Erickson now.
[ Edited by Wrathman on Oct 27, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
Just looking at that lineup of epic fail coaches, the Yorks are writing the book on how to hire the worst coaches possible. As god awful as others are on that list, Tomsula is the worst. The team is always unprepared and he looks utterly clueless on the sidelines. No other team even wanted him as a DC in the last 8 years.

Surprisingly, I have to vote for Tomsula too. Can't believe that I would have ever said that, but ...yep, Tomsula. Poor guy.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Jesu80ncleats.
York was right, Tomsula is a teacher. He's teaching his players all the things NOT to do.

"You look at the Golden State Warriors. They were the dumbest team in the NBA for letting Mark Jackson go, who won the most games in the franchise's history. How could you be so dumb? They bring in Steve Kerr, who has been around the game for a long period of time but has never coached before. Kerr changes the culture, comes in with a different perspective, and look what happens."

Look what happens, the Warriors' FO look like geniuses and the 49ers' FO look like morons.
Share 49ersWebzone