LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Will we see Gabbert start this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we see Gabbert start this season?

Discuss.
Kap has until the bye week IMO.
  • KP82
No. I hope not. I think Kaep has this season and maybe next season (under a real coaching regime) to prove his worth. Id rather ride him out so that if we cut ties with him, we can conclude that he was given every opportunity to excel but came up short.

Gabbert is a proven failure. No need to gain brownie points by seeing him play.
No. No point
Originally posted by KP82:
No. I hope not. I think Kaep has this season and maybe next season (under a real coaching regime) to prove his worth. Id rather ride him out so that if we cut ties with him, we can conclude that he was given every opportunity to excel but came up short.

Gabbert is a proven failure. No need to gain brownie points by seeing him play.

Originally posted by wailers15:
No. No point

Why? Because he failed when starting for one of the worst teams in NFL history while being the youngest QB ever to play 7 games as a rookie, and being pretty severely injured every other season he was there...A total of three seasons?

If Gabbert is a proven failure, what does that say about Kap at this point in his career?
In Gabbert we trust.
Yeah
Nope.
He shouldn't and it baffles me as to why there are people on this site that are advocating that he does. He is a proven turd.
Yes, simply because if he's not benched for poor play Kap is bound to get injured behind this OL.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He shouldn't and it baffles me as to why there are people on this site that are advocating that he does. He is a proven turd.

It baffles me why people puppet speaking points without fully understanding what they are discussing.

He is not a proven anything.

Thats why we must evaluate what we have. Kap is likely not coming back unless he shows dramatic improvement. At this point you need to evaluate the backup QB and see if he is capable of Pushing the rookie in competition in TC.

If Gabbert is not servicable, than we simply have to bring in a different verteran to compete. Can you think of any Veteran QB's that may be unproven and may have more upside than Gabbert? Because im trying really hard to think of one on the market, or that a team would let go in trade for a reasonable offer, and i cant think of a single name.

Please Enlighten us how Gabbert has proven to be a turd, and who you suggest we replace him with?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes -- but only after we've been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention OR if CK7 gets hurt.

This team is now 2-5. I can see CK7 starting to take more chances with his legs now that the season is up against a wall. And when he runs, he risks injury.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

It baffles me why people puppet speaking points without fully understanding what they are discussing.

He is not a proven anything.

Thats why we must evaluate what we have. Kap is likely not coming back unless he shows dramatic improvement. At this point you need to evaluate the backup QB and see if he is capable of Pushing the rookie in competition in TC.

If Gabbert is not servicable, than we simply have to bring in a different verteran to compete. Can you think of any Veteran QB's that may be unproven and may have more upside than Gabbert? Because im trying really hard to think of one on the market, or that a team would let go in trade for a reasonable offer, and i cant think of a single name.

Please Enlighten us how Gabbert has proven to be a turd, and who you suggest we replace him with?

Dont bother explaining your point Idaho, I've tried many a times to make a point on why by all means, we must find out which players here should get some playing time so that we would know for next year if he's worth to be kept..

Not just Gabbert, but also all the backups.. they need to show not only in training camp, as to why they must be kept.. Purcell had an awesome training camp and exhibition games, but I've yet to see him play a down..

Then we pick up this Hodges guy, and due to his nice work out numbers, he suddenly is getting some playing time while Skov and the rest of the LBs that should also be getting a looked out (wilhoite sucks) wont even get a chance..

Gabbert suckin when he was in Jacksonville can not be forgotten, while Kaeptain San Fran in here is crapping at our own very eyes but the KaFANernicks continue to remember how great he played in the 2nd half of the NFC championship game vs Atlanta..
Can't really get any worse. Is Kap still the lowest rated starting QB in the league? Can you really go down from there? Play him, maybe we will see a miracle.
Share 49ersWebzone