LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

The changes that need to be made NOW

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Stop playing scared, get aggressive, and play with tempo, and passion!

In football its better to be wrong at full speed, than right at half speed!

Absolutely.
Better to regret you did than regret you didn't.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Purcell. . . GET HIM ON THE DAMN FIELD

Ditto Jarryd Hayne. Get him out there and teach him how to play the game. He has talent to burn.
Get rid of Vernon Davis and Reggie Bush,people who are scared to get tackled are a disgrace to contact sport.
Chris Foerster needs to go. Ronda Rousey would sort these pussies out.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Gabbert played behind a horrible O-Line with the Jags, playing behind this O-Line won't make it any better.

he wont take as long to get the ball out so there will be fewer sacks.
Originally posted by Dingo:
- Open up the offensive playbook. No more hand holding for Kap. It's his 3rd year starting. He needs to show he can execute some more elaborate concepts. Do this versus teams that don't have a ferocious pass rush. So next week versus STL would not be a good week to do this. But it's time to sink or swim. No more simple pass plays dominating the game plan.

- Get a RB rotation in. I don't want Hyde wasting too much mileage this season

Couple of observations from the antipodes.

A team that shows f**kall daring, creativity or aggression is going to have a crappy season, regardless of the talent. I can't really comment on the play calling or the execution, but the style on the whole lacks courage and is woefully unimaginative and the result of that is a negative downward spiral into a losing rut. At least partly arranged to hold Kaep's hand possibly.
Daring, aggression? At times they look like a dispirited rabble. I didn't see the FG at 4th and a few in the game and I'm glad I didn't. Also the last few minutes of games 5 and 6 were appalling. Lucky to win either of them and really tried our best to lose both. I was literally shaking my head in disbelief.
This stuff is the coaches fault. I don't know if it is a lack of capacity or something else, but without the coach injecting a bit more spark into these absolute basics of winning elite sport we might as well not watch. I like Jim he seems a no nonsense kind of guy, probably get on well with the team. Maybe he lacks imagination but what's stopping him from being more aggressive or even bold?

There are pockets of talent. CK is one amongst several of them. That 50 yard pass on the run was an incredible athletic feat. How many QBs could do that as well as him and there are plenty of other examples of him doing amazing stuff. He is not wooden spoon material. Someone else here wrote that benching him would be the end as far as the 49ers go. Is that true? And why don't teams use two QBs to mix it up or is that being too bold? Is he that delicate? Are all QBs that delicate? Is it pride? His market value?I don't get it.

Back when Red Hickey invented the shotgun, the 9ers used a 3 QB rotation. It worked for half a season. A few years later, Washington did well with Kilmer and Jurgenson rotating at QB. I think it isn't done nowadays because of the limited reps in practice.
[ Edited by leolion on Oct 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM ]
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Changed need to be made on the O Line, mainly because at least 2 out 5 shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. As for the rest of your suggestions I'd be more cautious. Yes the young guys might give us a spark but there's also the chance that if they're thrown into the mix before they are ready to start we could damage them mentally. I don't know if these guys need that protection but it is something to bear in mind.
They have to do something with the Oline. I can't believe that they cannot find better players than Pears and Devey. Although he has generally sucked since his holdout, I'd try Boone at RT. Then let the young guys fight it out for the guard positions. I thought they could pass on Iupati because Thomas was going to be so awesome at guard. Then why hasn't he seen the field. The 9ers have lots of cap space, have open tryouts for linemen for heavens sake.

Obviously, it is too late to save this season, but an improved line could, at least, make the 9ers watchable.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by TJA85:
Gabbert played behind a horrible O-Line with the Jags, playing behind this O-Line won't make it any better.

he wont take as long to get the ball out so there will be fewer sacks.
No one gets the ball out fast enough for this line. They were bad last year, but this year they are an embarrassment.
Hyde should have his foot operated on and give him plenty of time to heal for next season.

Remember how long ADavis was recouping after his late surgery.

Play Tiller and Brown for the rest of the season so we can evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.

Play the young guys and see what they have.

Then at the end of the season and keep the best and start shopping and plan for the draft.

Share 49ersWebzone