LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

The changes that need to be made NOW

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is obvious for almost everyone that the only thing this team is playing for this year is a higher draft pick. As a diehard fan it blows knowing that your favorite team has almost no chance of winning on Sunday's. However I always try to look on the bright side. We have some young players who look hungry for example Lynch and Acker who seem to be getting better every week. So why not see what other golden nuggets we might have on the roster to give this fan base some hope of optimism for the future. You may not agree with everything but anything is better then what we have been forced to watch at this point. So in no particular order here are the changes that I think should take place asap and feel free to add to the list.

1. Start gabbert- I mean how many more trainers can we afford to lose with kap at the helm? At least by giving Blaine a shot we could answer more questions about this offense.

2. Start Tiller and Brown at guard permanently!- Devey may be the worst lineman I have ever seen. And where is Brandon Thomas???

3. Let the young receivers play- Boldin is a warrior and it's a shame we wasted his twilight years. But I want to see what Ellington, Patton, and white can do. They flash every now and then but can they make plays??? Who knows because they are barely on the field

4. Start Tank and Armstead on the d-line- This one to me is the most obvious. In the little time they play they seem to get good push. Let them grow into little sack monsters! Keep Dorsey and dial for obvious running situations.

5. Let Tartt and ward show what they can do- the injury Bethea makes this one much more likely

6. Start Harold over Brooks- yes Brooks has made some plays but his future with the 49ers is short.

If we have to endure this terrible losses please let us watch our young players in the hope they they develop into stars. (Blind optimism)
I throw this caution out there. Remember the youth movement we did after dumping Garcia and Owens? We argued ourselves into thinking younger will be better. Well it wasn't. I get what youre saying and am not completely disagreeing. Sometimes by dumping all vets and higher prices guys can set a team back even further. Pretty soon you start overpaying for FA's because the loser culture has grown too large.
[ Edited by facestabber on Oct 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by facestabber:
I throw this caution out there. Remember the youth movement we did after dumping Garcia and Owens? We argued ourselves into thinking younger will be better. Well it wasn't. I get what youre saying and am not completely disagreeing. Sometimes by dumping all vets and higher prices guys can set a team back even further. Pretty soon you start overpaying for FA's because the loser culture has grown too large.

Ya I understand what you mean. Just looking for some sort of spark.
Minor changes
I'd like to see Hayne get a little more run.
At some point, Hyde and Bow need to get rested.
Brown/Tiller/Thomas/Tank/Armstead need more reps. Maybe half of this equation is them earning those reps.
Brandon Thomas was on the injury report...
Or am I seeing things?
No changes will be made until the team is mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. At that point, you'll get your wish. You will see a bunch of young players hit the field. And the losing will only get worse.

This season is starting to remind me of the end of the Tim Rattay era -- where John York hired Coach NoWin and we took Alice Smith with the first pick of next season's draft.

Those were some long years as I recall. Very long years.
Most of these guys aren't low draft picks. It they are not better or have more upside then what is on the field now. Forget this year? More like the next 5 years
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Isn't it time for Double A to start????

What else are we waiting for??
Blaine Gabbert needs to start. Kap is Toast and Not Good Enough.

Devey needs to be CUT, Boone back at RG and B Thomas at LG and Trent Brown at RT and Kilgore or Tiller at Center. Tomsula Fired and Sporano interim only and Manvagina Canned and Clancy Pendergrast Interim DC. And Baalke Canned!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
you do all of those and there really wont be any reason to watch the games.

Even Muppets know...

Originally posted by susweel:

There'd still be as much reason as there is now if not more. If the team is going to suck (and this is a given), I'd rather see what we have with younger players. If this helps us lose a game or two, even better. This team never had a shot at making the playoffs (no talent) so I've just been watching to see how our young guys do anyways and have been rooting for a higher draft pick.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by susweel:

There'd still be as much reason as there is now if not more. If the team is going to suck (and this is a given), I'd rather see what we have with younger players. If this helps us lose a game or two, even better. This team never had a shot at making the playoffs (no talent) so I've just been watching to see how our young guys do anyways and have been rooting for a higher draft pick.

It's kinda hard to score less then 3 points a game Most teams can do that by accident
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Gabbert played behind a horrible O-Line with the Jags, playing behind this O-Line won't make it any better.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Gabbert played behind a horrible O-Line with the Jags, playing behind this O-Line won't make it any better.

Gabbert really sucks compared to kap
Share 49ersWebzone