There are 234 users in the forums

Should Tomsula Be Fired??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Tomsula Be Fired??

it's painfully clear this guy is way over his head, either he's too clueless to make any changes or adjustments , or he's simply just a tool coaching the team the way Jed and Trent want the team to be coached and couldn't make any changes even if he wanted to

but I give up on the guy ...I know I'm not the only one
Absolutely should be FIRED. He shoulda never been HIRED. Dude is not capable of being a Head Coach. Awful
Depends on a couple things.

1. I want to see how the rest of the season plays out

2. What other coaching options are available after the season
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Should have never been hired.
Solid position coach, but He should never even been hired.
yeah after going for a fg and not trusting his offense.
Fired? He never should have been hired to begin with. Nice guy, but he is a lame duck coach, and nothing more.
Maybe at the end of the season, firing him now is just an emotional response. I think he's done one way or another but I see no reason for him to get fired before the season is over, maybe if they get blown out in these next two games then a move will be made before the bye but I wouldn't count on it.

All you'd get is Sparano holding a shovel, burying another football in the middle of the practice field.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Should never ever ever have been hired. Yes he should be fired. Let him stay so the team stays s**tty and we can get a good pick but he should be gone Black Monday.
no point in firing him right now. wait until season is over.
[ Edited by COACHRED on Oct 23, 2015 at 1:43 PM ]

Are you asking if he should be fired right now? Or at the end of the season?

If right now, what difference is it going to make? Is there really someone who is going to come in here or be promoted from the existing staff who will turn this ship around?

At the end of the season, probably. Unless he manages to make a respectable showing during the rest of the season and buys himself more time, I don't want to waste another year.
  • thl408
I'm emotional and will overreact. Yes - put in Tony Sparano as interim HC. I like the way he looks on the sideline with his gangsta locs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He'll hang on for a year or two then they'll fire him.
At the end of the year
Yes, he was not qualified to be a head coach. Now we are going to lose a decent D Line coach when he is fired.

Unless he really like Joan in payroll and somehow decides to go back being a d line coach. Never seen that happen before though.
Share 49ersWebzone