There are 169 users in the forums

Did anyone notice the warm postgame camraderie?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KP82
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
After the game, all the hugs and smiles between Niner and Hawk players.......far from a rivalry game.

Don't know how to respond to that........cry maybe?

I don't know man.....I still don't necessarily consider the Seahawks our rival. Sure, we were both elite teams at the same time for a couple year stretch, but that's it.

We aren't geographical rivals, we don't have a storied history against each other.....I don't know. I hate them and their fans, but wouldn't consider them our rival.

It's a rivalry for them. It happens when your franchise has no history...you use these opportunities to bolster the fan base. Remember last year MNF vs St Louis. The Rams used it as an opportunity to honor the 1999 championship team. What was the connection between that team and us ? Oh yea, thats the season they broke their 18 game losing streak against us en route to a SB victory. So why not use MNF when you know the majority of ppl watching nationwide support the 49ers as a stage to showcase your one great season...

The same applies to Seattle. The bright spot behind their miserable history is this little window where they own us. So they'll milk our matches to glorify themselves and their fanbase.

Put it this way. Ever seen Dallas, GB, NY use our games to celebrate previous SB victories or honor their players ? Exactly bc those are winning franchises that have fried bigger fish in their lifetimes. Whereas teams like Seattle use a division rivalry to showboatctheir success. It's actually comical.
They can't be mean to a handicapped team.
Globetrotters hugged it out with Washington Generals all the time
It's called sportsmanship. A lot of these guys probably played together in college or are friends outside of the game. Or, they just have mutual respect for eachother because they all know how brutal a game this is.
  • KP82
Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:
It's called sportsmanship. A lot of these guys probably played together in college or are friends outside of the game. Or, they just have mutual respect for eachother because they all know how brutal a game this is.

Sherman s**tting on Crabs postgame sure didnt seem like good sportsmanship to me
Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:

I get that....I watch plenty of football.

But this had more than the norm for a regular game between two non divisional opponents/rivals.....and then you chalk up these two team's history...

Only thing I can think of is that we have so many new faces, that to those guys, there's no real beef with the Hawks.

On defense it's just Bowman and Brooks going WAY back......Reid going back to 2013, Bethea last year, Lynch last year (Lynch has beef with Hawks based off of Instagram)....Williams/Dorsey going back to 2013....that's it.
  • Ike49
After the game, all the hugs and smiles between Niner and Hawk players.......far from a rivalry game.

Saw this from our players the ENTIRE game, it was clear we had no interest in winning, but more in grabbing and patting Seahawk ass.
^^
Originally posted by Ike49:

Saw this from our players the ENTIRE game, it was clear we had no interest in winning, but more in grabbing and patting Seahawk ass.

and Seahawks did the same thing to Hyde when he'd get a good run early in the game.

if our players were emo teens like some on this forum, we would look far worse on camera WHILE getting our asses kicked.

they got us...all they did was make have to get better.

imagine if they barely beat us, while we still looked like s**t....coaches would've made excuses for not having to make changes. Now that s**t is everywhere that we NEED to do something...like awhile ago. Tomsula is going to pay for it. Even if we make changes in a few weeks that work, that is far too late.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM ]
About the closest thing to rivalry I saw was Bruce Miller trying to rip some guys head off. That guy seems to have a lot of ticker.

• KP82
Originally posted by Hard-Knock-Niner:
About the closest thing to rivalry I saw was Bruce Miller trying to rip some guys head off. That guy seems to have a lot of ticker.

Patton's got some heart as well. The rest looked like they were just happy to be there.
Harbaughs gone, crabtrees gone
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by Hard-Knock-Niner:

Patton's got some heart as well. The rest looked like they were just happy to be there.

Screaming in a ref's face probably isn't the best way to show heart, as it costs the team, but at least he has some spirit. Was probably frustrated as s**t by that point in the game too.
These guys train together in the offseason. Maybe have the same agents. Went to the same schools. Ect.
Could have been a that the game was over. Most of you seem to forget that this is purely entertainment. Good grief some of you need a life.
Share 49ersWebzone