LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Is There a disconnect or change with fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's a change.

And when the team continues losing, it's not gonna be popular anymore, even the folks that go there for fun will not want to

You dun goof'd Jed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by cciowa:
This has little to do with the putrid effort last night and maybe this goes into levis stadium thread. Has the makeup of the fan base changed who go to games in the new stadium and I ask those who go. I know we got our ass kicked but last night and in games this year and last year, I do not sense the raucous energy from the fans at the new stadium. back at stick, even if we lost you had high energy from crazy fans. because the stadium moved from the bay area have the fans changed or are there different types of fans going. instead of the energy which the team needs, it seems people are going to set away from the field in other areas, eating sushi , visiting with people and of course doing social media while paying little attention to the game. i almost feel even if we were 6-0 there would be a real lack of energy and noise in this new place. is there is disconnect with fans the team solely with the new stadium, the move etc? I know the team has bigger fish to fry than this, but just wondered what people think, who went to the stick and to the new place. thank you cc

cc, i do think there is less energy at levi's and idk why. i went to 7 games last year and levi's felt much different, quieter, than the atmosphere at candlestick. there was one game in particular where riki and i were the only ones cheering in our section. it felt really awkward.
see , that is what i mean bud. with the new stadium moving , did that bring with it a new fan base who maybe are not as invested in the niners as compared to the ones you would see at the stick? luv touched on a key point, the atmosphere. an intangible that is really a negative in my opinion and not sure if that can be turned around,, . i guess its about money over atmosphere . making this thread depressed me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
cc, i do think there is less energy at levi's and idk why. i went to 7 games last year and levi's felt much different, quieter, than the atmosphere at candlestick. there was one game in particular where riki and i were the only ones cheering in our section. it felt really awkward.

Do you think it is the location Sara? Kind of hard to get to. The actual building is nice, way better than the Stick.
yes, i have no doubt it is nicer. like luv said, the atmosphere, different fan base?
This has little to do with the putrid effort last night and maybe this goes into levis stadium thread. Has the makeup of the fan base changed who go to games in the new stadium and I ask those who go. I know we got our ass kicked but last night and in games this year and last year, I do not sense the raucous energy from the fans at the new stadium. back at stick, even if we lost you had high energy from crazy fans. because the stadium moved from the bay area have the fans changed or are there different types of fans going. instead of the energy which the team needs, it seems people are going to set away from the field in other areas, eating sushi , visiting with people and of course doing social media while paying little attention to the game. i almost feel even if we were 6-0 there would be a real lack of energy and noise in this new place. is there is disconnect with fans the team solely with the new stadium, the move etc? I know the team has bigger fish to fry than this, but just wondered what people think, who went to the stick and to the new place. thank you cc

see , that is what i mean bud. with the new stadium moving , did that bring with it a new fan base who maybe are not as invested in the niners as compared to the ones you would see at the stick? luv touched on a key point, the atmosphere. an intangible that is really a negative in my opinion and not sure if that can be turned around,, . i guess its about money over atmosphere . making this thread depressed me

TBH..... i've seen a lot more "it's my first game" on FB/IG/etc...... i think it's a combination of the new generation, not winning, and bandwagoners there to "see the new shiny thing"
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Do you think it is the location Sara? Kind of hard to get to. The actual building is nice, way better than the Stick.

it could be; i do wish the team were still playing in SF. Levi's is nice but i think part of the problem is the ticket prices and the license costs. a lot of die-hard fans can't afford to go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

it could be; i do wish the team were still playing in SF. Levi's is nice but i think part of the problem is the ticket prices and the license costs. a lot of die-hard fans can't afford to go.
so a sizeable number of fans are high rollers who look at it as a gathering place to chat, eat sushi and tweet instead of watching the game? not to put words in sarah's mouth but that would explain alot... by the way i apologize to the many posters who actually like sushi but at a football game??
  • Stud
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Lots of the longtime Faithful got priced out by the Yorks.

Yup, now all you got is a bunch of rich Tech guys who only go to play with the technology at Levi's.

I went to the opener against the Vikings and that was not the case. Place was loud and fans were crazy. Even beat the s**t out of a viking fan on the way out.
Originally posted by Stud:
Lots of the longtime Faithful got priced out by the Yorks.

Yup, now all you got is a bunch of rich Tech guys who only go to play with the technology at Levi's.

Not even true
Originally posted by judodono:
I went to the opener against the Vikings and that was not the case. Place was loud and fans were crazy. Even beat the s**t out of a viking fan on the way out.

Also beating fellow 49er fans in bathrooms. That is not good intensity or craziness.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 23, 2015 at 11:53 AM ]

Originally posted by judodono:

Also beating fellow 49er fans in bathrooms. That is not good intensity or craziness.

Point being.. somewhere it doesn't make sense to label all the fans as posh techies.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I'd say most die-hard, knowledgeable 49ers fans are priced out of the stadium market.

The seats are costly enough, but everything that goes along with it makes it a much better and cheaper experience to stay home, go to a friend's house or a local tavern, etc. to watch the game.

Beyond that, I noticed a lot of the time that fans attending the games don't know enough about football to be quiet when the offense is calling the plays or to be loud when the visiting team's offense is on the field. I noticed this int he past, it just seems like they have a low football fan IQ. Of course this year there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason for fans to stay up for the games (after they begin) with the wind being taken out of the sails by the product on the field.

i noticed this too
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

so a sizeable number of fans are high rollers who look at it as a gathering place to chat, eat sushi and tweet instead of watching the game? not to put words in sarah's mouth but that would explain alot... by the way i apologize to the many posters who actually like sushi but at a football game??

i get that feeling cc (and i do like sushi but i'm not gonna eat that at a football game)
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I'd say most die-hard, knowledgeable 49ers fans are priced out of the stadium market.

The seats are costly enough, but everything that goes along with it makes it a much better and cheaper experience to stay home, go to a friend's house or a local tavern, etc. to watch the game.

Beyond that, I noticed a lot of the time that fans attending the games don't know enough about football to be quiet when the offense is calling the plays or to be loud when the visiting team's offense is on the field. I noticed this int he past, it just seems like they have a low football fan IQ. Of course this year there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason for fans to stay up for the games (after they begin) with the wind being taken out of the sails by the product on the field.

i noticed this too

wasn't this a problem at candlestick too? i remember it would get loud when WE were going for it on 4th down.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Lol

Share 49ersWebzone