LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - 2015 Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ltrain:
NFL.com summed it up nicely: Seattle is set up for long-term success, while the 49ers have yet to hit bottom

Agree and disagree, SF is rebuilding no way around it...Seattle hasn't looked like Seattle of old and have no depth. That's what got them that SB was depth all around the team.

every time they lose a starter they lose a game (Chancellor Wagner etc).

Rebuilding? I would say free falling. Rebuildingi mplies there is building happening. What is being built?
NFL.com summed it up nicely: Seattle is set up for long-term success, while the 49ers have yet to hit bottom

I couldn't disagree more. This is Seattle's year-3 window and they went all-in this year for one last chance. Niners are in year-1 rebuild and like any team now averaging 25 years old, they don't know how to win yet. A great defensive day? The offense craps the bed. A great offensive day? The defense craps the bed.

You can see clear flashes of talent and depth all over the roster but when your QB and OL is a headcase, you can only scheme so much around it (not that we did ANY of that this past game).

Again, talent is not the issue...mental is. Very poor forced-coaching schemes on both offense and defense (esp. defense) and improper use of personnel and depth seems to be the bigger issue. This is NOT a very smart coaching staff and they obviously didn't learn a single thing from the mistakes of the previous coaching regime. Nothing.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
utterly disgusted
i wish i can be as positive as ncommand.

sadly, sea will be a good team for a long time. they have a smart FO, and they keep their coaches and players intact. we will be seeing a lot of new faces this off season, and thankfully a lot of this so called talent will be gone.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I couldn't disagree more. This is Seattle's year-3 window and they went all-in this year for one last chance. Niners are in year-1 rebuild and like any team now averaging 25 years old, they don't know how to win yet. A great defensive day? The offense craps the bed. A great offensive day? The defense craps the bed.

You can see clear flashes of talent and depth all over the roster but when your QB and OL is a headcase, you can only scheme so much around it (not that we did ANY of that this past game).

Again, talent is not the issue...mental is. Very poor forced-coaching schemes on both offense and defense (esp. defense) and improper use of personnel and depth seems to be the bigger issue. This is NOT a very smart coaching staff and they obviously didn't learn a single thing from the mistakes of the previous coaching regime. Nothing.

How can a team be rebuilding whenthey are falling apart and are going forward with a bad coaching staff? How are they rebuilding if they don't have their QB to build around?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

Niners fan be like after Thursday Night Football lost to the Seahawks:

This was basically me all game in my house. The dog went to hide in the corner.

Me too, but I wasn't mad about losing to the Seahawks, I was mad at how the 49ers looked losing to the Seahawks, no fire or competitive spirit whatsoever!!!!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Lol
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If my wife is home, I keep it under control haha. Do my best to limit the outbursts...

yeah can't get Harbaugh crazy anymore lol. seasons done and it's rebuilding time.
Niners are not rebuilding. They have a head coach who, likely will not survive more than two seasons and a QB who likely will not be given a new contract. There is no long term plan as yet. We still have a ways to go before we get to a starting point.
Originally posted by trooper49:
Niners are not rebuilding. They have a head coach who, likely will not survive more than two seasons and a QB who likely will not be given a new contract. There is no long term plan as yet. We still have a ways to go before we get to a starting point.

Yeah. The general consensus it we're not at rock bottom yet. OMG

We still have to find another coach and a franchise QB and then hope that works out too. I doubt we'll be as dominant as 2011-2014 for a long time.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah. The general consensus it we're not at rock bottom yet. OMG

We still have to find another coach and a franchise QB and then hope that works out too. I doubt we'll be as dominant as 2011-2014 for a long time.

If ever. Finding a good coach, like Harbaugh, is not easy. They also need a football mind in the front office, other than the GM. The ownership is what we're stuck with, unfortunately.
So sick of Seattle of coming to our house without knocking, grabbing a beer out our fridge, slapping our wife on the butt and grabbing the remote to the TV.
Did anyone ever catch an explanation of the no-call for the obvious contact on the fair catch? The punt where Patton drew the 15 yarder for yelling at the ref? Unless I missed something, that really bothers me.
The Niners gave lynch, who was puking on the sideline, his first 100 yard game. That really tells you something...
Share 49ersWebzone