LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Week 6 Balt Ravens coaches film analysis thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
that's a 5-step drop. Kap seems to gallop when he drops back. ugly to watch

That looks like a 3 step drop with a 'I'm not sure I should go there' hop.
  • thl408
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The concept itself is on a 3 step drop. Kap takes 3, and when he moves away from the slant-flat combo, he takes a hitch backwards because Devey is getting bullrushed right back into Kap's face.
Originally posted by thl408:

The concept itself is on a 3 step drop. Kap takes 3, and when he moves away from the slant-flat combo, he takes a hitch backwards because Devey is getting bullrushed right back into Kap's face.

Yeah, don't see any wrong on that play from Kaep. Just wonder if he can still go to Miller. He looks like he's open, even though the defender on top, for a second looked like he was ready to make a break on the ball if thrown to Miller.

All the receivers are running less than 10yds route so it should be only 3 step drop needed.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM ]

Yeah, don't see any wrong on that play from Kaep. Just wonder if he can still go to Miller. He looks like he's open, even though the defender on top, for a second looked like he was ready to make a break on the ball if thrown to Miller.

All the receivers are running less than 10yds route so it should be only 3 step drop needed.

That play is pick-a-side....on whichever side you pick the flats are primary, slants secondary and the curl is the checkdown. Kinda looks like Miller might be open with the slant providing a natural pick.
Originally posted by NFLFANDOWNUNDER:
Well said, !!

Hey were my eyes seeing right. Ravens Game Late in the fourth Q I think just before the last play , might of been a time out? I am sure I saw Bruce miller pointing & verbally giving out some to Big Joe Staley???
Not sure if someone has already covered it , It look strange??? Did anyone else see it?? And what was it about?

This!

I noticed this too. It was 3rd and 9 right after 2 min warning. I looked at the play multiple times and could not see what Staley did wrong.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Xantho:
Originally posted by NFLFANDOWNUNDER:
Well said, !!

Hey were my eyes seeing right. Ravens Game Late in the fourth Q I think just before the last play , might of been a time out? I am sure I saw Bruce miller pointing & verbally giving out some to Big Joe Staley???
Not sure if someone has already covered it , It look strange??? Did anyone else see it?? And what was it about?

This!

I noticed this too. It was 3rd and 9 right after 2 min warning. I looked at the play multiple times and could not see what Staley did wrong.
Thanks for for being specific with the game situation. Helps locate the play. I can't take a close look at the play right now, but here it is. The end of the gif is when it shows Hyde close up.
Thanks for for being specific with the game situation. Helps locate the play. I can't take a close look at the play right now, but here it is. The end of the gif is when it shows Hyde close up.

I wonder if Bruce thought Staley/Boone didn't seal the edge well enough or push their guys inside enough b/c Miller had to jump through (over his legs) that tiny hole...more thanks to VD getting blown up and forcing Hyde inside instead of through that hole. If he could have gotten help, that wall was decently sealed off and we might have a big run off LT there WITH Miller out in front of Hyde to ice the game?
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wonder if Bruce thought Staley/Boone didn't see the edge well enough or push their guys inside enough b/c Miller had to jump through (over his legs) that tiny hole...more thanks to VD getting blown up and forcing Hyde inside instead of through that hole. If he could have gotten help, that wall was decently sealed off and we might have a big run off LT there WITH Miller out in front of Hyde to ice the game?

Agree with the bolded. I think Staley could have done more on the combo block to help Boone seal that DE. But it didn't really matter because VD is thinking about selling wheatgrass shots.

Agree with the bolded. I think Staley could have done more on the combo block to help Boone seal that DE. But it didn't really matter because VD is thinking about selling wheatgrass shots.

Bwahahaha. My God that was a pathetic 'attempt' if you can even call it that. Thanks man...not like that wasn't a critical juncture of the game there or anything.

I have to say, it's nice to see Miller and Hyde get pissed at the OL. Those guys (and TE's) need to be called out for half-efforts and/or just poor blocking (angles).

Thanks for this view...much easier to see here.
Thl had me thinking that we are gonna need some wrinkles on our slide passes. I totally agree with this because I don't think it's going anywhere and it will be a big part of our offense going forward. What I'd like for us to do is run it out of more personnel grouping...,therefore we are getting other guys involved. There is no reason why TS, Boldin or Ellington can't be motioned across the formation and run the slide.

Also maybe do some 11 personnel and run it out of a formation like this:

Now I realize this orginal formation was designed for 2 TEs, but there's no reason why you couldn't use WRs our even a bunch formation with this play right here.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Oh hai...its VD gettin pwnd again.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Bwahahaha. My God that was a pathetic 'attempt' if you can even call it that. Thanks man...not like that wasn't a critical juncture of the game there or anything.

I have to say, it's nice to see Miller and Hyde get pissed at the OL. Those guys (and TE's) need to be called out for half-efforts and/or just poor blocking (angles).

Thanks for this view...much easier to see here.

Miller gets a couple of catches and turns into a Diva.

VD is done.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM ]
For what... blocking by VD.
Share 49ersWebzone