LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

49er you miss the most?(from the 2011-2014)49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49er you miss the most?(from the 2011-2014)49ers

Its kew no lie.aight there you go
Aldon Smith at his best.
The heart says Gore but the head says Justin Smith. We haven't been the same since he declined say after 2013.
Tossup between Justin Smith and Willis... hard to chose but I'll go with Justin Smith for this one.
All of them
Cowboy

If it's just from 2011 to 2014, then my answer is a heathy motivated Aldon Smith. What he was doing in '11-'12 was ridiculous. But if it's just picking those guys, give me 2007-2010 Patrick Willis. IMO he was the best defender in the league at that point.
Andy Lee
Patrick and Justin

Real blue collar no nonsense guys
I kinda miss our mvp Andy Lee too

Willis.

He might not have been in his prime anymore, but his TE coverage skills are sorely missed, and every time Forsett gouged 7 yards out of our D today I thought of how Willis was such a key part of preventing that. Bowman might have passed him up in raw ability, but Willis was the captain of the D, never missed a tackle, and always maintained his gap integrity.

Borland helped mask the lack of Willis in the middle of the D, but now that the spot is empty, our D just hasn't been the same.
Willis.

He might not have been in his prime anymore, but his TE coverage skills are sorely missed, and every time Forsett gouged 7 yards out of our D today I thought of how Willis was such a key part of preventing that. Bowman might have passed him up in raw ability, but Willis was the captain of the D, never missed a tackle, and always maintained his gap integrity.

Borland helped mask the lack of Willis in the middle of the D, but now that the spot is empty, our D just hasn't been the same.

For sure. Our defense was historically great in 2011. 2012 it was looking very good until he and Aldon got hurt. Then it turned into a problem. Those teams should have won a Superbowl. There's really no doubt about it in my mind. Unfortunately things didn't work out like this.

Originally posted by donalddole:
The heart says Gore but the head says Justin Smith. We haven't been the same since he declined say after 2013.
Unfortunately he's had a couple of 11-12 performances for the Raiders. The story from the agent one of the zoners posted about him and Colin seems like it might ring true. The bipolar diagnosis that has been rumored makes sense too. Anyway he isn't quite fully back but he doesn't have Cowboy next to him either. Justin Tuck was a really good player but he's not Justin Smith. And he's hurt now too I think. Anyway still not sure we should have cut him. But sometimes you have to make drastic moves. At least we have Lynch who is somewhat comparable.

Originally posted by Niners816:
If it's just from 2011 to 2014, then my answer is a heathy motivated Aldon Smith. What he was doing in '11-'12 was ridiculous. But if it's just picking those guys, give me 2007-2010 Patrick Willis. IMO he was the best defender in the league at that point.
I chose pwille but only because the obvious answer isn't on there
Share 49ersWebzone