LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

We Are Not A Super Bowl Caliber Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
how do you explain UM? he has 5 wins in 7 games, took 12 games to get that amount of wins last year

talent was already there too?

Look up Michigan recruiting class and get back to me. They have some pretty damn good recruits. Harbaughs a perfect fit to put it all together just like he did with us. I'm not sure why people are forcing a former coach on this discussion.

This. Timing is everything...for all we knew, Jim's move to UM was a calculated move as well as it was here.

Fans trying to compare JH and staff during a 3-year championship window to JT through 6 games in the middle of a year-1 rebuild is not even close to the same circumstances.

Let's try to post in reality here. Fans aren't even posting about Aldon Smith anymore...let's move on.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Beat the hawks and we have a shot

Looking forward to this game I'm pretty sure I'll be going' will find out tomorrow for sure
  • Veteran
We are not a SB bound team yet, but we are getting better. This was a great win for us.
LOL!!!!!!

Thanks for telling us that. Not sure who believed that though. The real goal for this team is to try and stay competitive, but we're not even going to finish .500 or above.
[ Edited by Trath44 on Oct 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Trath44:
LOL!!!!!!

Thanks for telling us that. Not sure who believed that though. The real goal for this team is to try and stay competitive, but we're not even going to finish .500 or above.

That's kind of my point... Thanks for reading.
Originally posted by NCommand:
how do you explain UM? he has 5 wins in 7 games, took 12 games to get that amount of wins last year

Look up Michigan recruiting class and get back to me. They have some pretty damn good recruits. Harbaughs a perfect fit to put it all together just like he did with us. I'm not sure why people are forcing a former coach on this discussion.

This. Timing is everything...for all we knew, Jim's move to UM was a calculated move as well as it was here.

Fans trying to compare JH and staff during a 3-year championship window to JT through 6 games in the middle of a year-1 rebuild is not even close to the same circumstances.

Let's try to post in reality here. Fans aren't even posting about Aldon Smith anymore...let's move on.

you were the one trying to sell the zone that we were a (12-4 or 13-3 ) team during the off season bc according to you we hadthe players and coaching staff to do so
  • Jiks
I know some took my post the wrong way, but in the end I just want to see if we can build off this. Are we getting better? Or are getting worse? Personally I feel we've gotten better the last two games, but we're still searching for an identity. At the beginning of the seasob(when everyone was calling us the worst team) all I wanted to see was progression. I've seen slivers, but let's see these slivers become thorns.
I know some took my post the wrong way, but in the end I just want to see if we can build off this. Are we getting better? Or are getting worse? Personally I feel we've gotten better the last two games, but we're still searching for an identity. At the beginning of the seasob(when everyone was calling us the worst team) all I wanted to see was progression. I've seen slivers, but let's see these slivers become thorns.

I think the team is getting better. Kap seems to be progressing and the defense seems to be coming along. Like you said, this team isn't going to the Super Bowl and maybe not the playoffs, but there has been a lot of good despite the bad. It is essentially a whole new team so expectations should be held in check.

you were the one trying to sell the zone that we were a (12-4 or 13-3 ) team during the off season bc according to you we hadthe players and coaching staff to do so

Not quite what I was "selling" but OK. Lol
We need atleast two draft classes

But what about all the scrub players who became pro bowlers when JH was around?

Carlos Rogers , Goldson, Whitner, Bowman, an old Bethea,

JT isn't doing any of that. Our pro bowl numbers will go back wards with JT Bc his staff sucks.

Not all of his staff sucks...in fact, we all know who really blows right now and it's just one name.

Agreed, we'll I don't think the Oline coach is all that great, but Mangina is the worst. I think we get instantly better of we handed the job to Tarver
I agree, we are not a Super Bowl caliber team right now. In other news, Caitlyn Jenner is actually Bruce Jenner and Steph Curry can shoot.
What's the point of this thread?

The fact that Vegas has the 49ers at 60-1 odds to win the Super Bowl says it all. There's no need to validate Vegas with a thread like this.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
and Steph Curry can shoot.
Not in the Finals
When Cowboy forced the fumble in Philly I knew we had changed. This present team is starting to come together, winning makes anything possible.
Share 49ersWebzone